• Yes

2 18.18%
  • No

3 27.27%
  • Maybe

6 54.55%

Thread: Beretta Px4 Storm Pistol

Post imported post

How come in the original box everything is clear and the img's show, but when you send it, it's not ?

Just wondering what you guys have to say about this pistol.

Pistol Homepage: http://www.px4storm.com/

Caliber - 9x19mm/ 40/ 45

Post imported post

1. Don't use BB code. there is an image insert button on the top right.

2. MAYBE if it was really cheap, like less that $200 I'd buy it.. or maybe just to shoot at the range... otherwise I'll stick with the Glock 19.

Post imported post

I can't think ofa gun I wouldn't buy if I had the money.

Post imported post

Dustin (or mod) Would you please clean up/remove the non-functioning image line in the OP so this thread isn't nearly 2 screens wide for no useful reason. Thnks.

As to the Px4, my initial impression without having handled or shot it is no, I wouldn't buy it unless the rest of my "want" list were in the safe and that is a long list.

1) I really hate the Glock style take down buttons
    2) I have yet to shoot or handle a Beretta that fits me well ergonomically
    3) There are already about 10 pistols on my list I really, really want and excepting the rotating barrel I find nothing even intriguing about this one
    4) It's ugly
    5) Very ugly
    6) Did I mention how much I hate the Glock style take down buttons?

If I ever have the chance to shoot one I may change my mind. Until then, I already have a long list to acquire.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:

2. MAYBE if it was really cheap, like less that $200 I'd buy it.. or maybe just to shoot at the range... otherwise I'll stick with the Glock 19.
    1: I did used the img Tab at the top and it showed up find, then when I hit send it just shows the code.

2: Cheap ? It's a Beretta. I don't think they'll be selling anything cheap.

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    Bravo_Sierra wrote:

1: I did used the img Tab at the top and it showed up find, then when I hit send it just shows the code.

2: Cheap ? It's a Beretta. I don't think they'll be selling anything cheap.
    Happens. WowBB really sucks in some aspects.

Since it did happen PLEASE edit your OP and remove the code as BravoSierra posted the pics for ya and it is making this thread extra wide (pet peeve) for no reason.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:

Since it did happen PLEASE edit your OP and remove the code as BravoSierra posted the pics for ya and it is making this thread extra wide (pet peeve) for no reason.

Oh You can actually see the images ?

All I see is the link between img brackets :P

Are you using FireFox ?

EDIT - Ok Now it's working. I thinks it's b/c I tired to post the thumbnail img instead of the full size.

Bravo_Sierrathanks pal, you can remove the images out of your post if you'd like.

Post imported post

I haven't shot it yet but I have held it and I like. Fits great in my hand

The safety/decock lever needs to be redone, digs into your fingers when you rack the slide

I would buy it, but as stated above I have a lot of other guns on my list.

I also can't really justify buying another 9mm, .40, or .45 ( I'm totally kidding)

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:

snip

EDIT - Ok Now it's working. I thinks it's b/c I tired to post the thumbnail img instead of the full size.

Bravo_Sierrathanks pal, you can remove the images out of your post if you'd like.
    Thanks for fixing that - appreciate it. Those posts that throw things to wide screen, and especially wider than my wide screen monitor drive me nuts scrolling left and right.

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Dustin (or mod) Would you please clean up/remove the non-functioning image line in the OP so this thread isn't nearly 2 screens wide for no useful reason. Thnks.

As to the Px4, my initial impression without having handled or shot it is no, I wouldn't buy it unless the rest of my "want" list were in the safe and that is a long list.

3) There are already about 10 pistols on my list I really, really want and excepting the rotating barrel I find nothing even intriguing about this one
    4) It's ugly
    5) Very ugly

If I ever have the chance to shoot one I may change my mind. Until then, I already have a long list to acquire.
    !. I agree. I don't necessarily "hate" them, but Beretta had a takedown system that I liked.
    2. YMMV - the 90-2 and the 84 seem to have good handling for me in this regard.
    3. Same. Other pistols are much higher priority. But, if we're talking "funds are not a problem" - sure, I'd like more.
    4. I can deal with an ugly firearm, so long as it's a functional firearm.
    5. Eh, ok, a good looking pistol doesn't hurt - when my girlfriend bought the 84, a lot of the decision was based on the look of it. Satin Nickel and wood grips? Good to go.
    6. As long as they don't use the takedown buttons like the Wilson Combad ADP, I'm ok.

Post imported post

Lysander wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:

4) It's ugly
    5) Very ugly

!. I agree. I don't necessarily "hate" them, but Beretta had a takedown system that I liked.
    2. YMMV - the 90-2 and the 84 seem to have good handling for me in this regard.
    3. Same. Other pistols are much higher priority. But, if we're talking "funds are not a problem" - sure, I'd like more.
    4. I can deal with an ugly firearm, so long as it's a functional firearm.
    5. Eh, ok, a good looking pistol doesn't hurt - when my girlfriend bought the 84, a lot of the decision was based on the look of it. Satin Nickel and wood grips? Good to go.
    6. As long as they don't use the takedown buttons like the Wilson Combad ADP, I'm ok.
    1. I guess the "ugly" idea is a good argument if say... you were having sex with your weapon... but if this is your carry gun, you are carrying it to save your life, so I'll take an ugly gun that functions over a pretty gun that fails.
    2. The weapon's safety is upside down
    3. the weapon has a safety.. and when engaged, it de-cocks.
    4. The safety is ON THE SLIDE where you should be placing your hand to rack it, on a reload or failure drill. Under the stress of a gunfight, all those buttens and leavers ans **** are going to be too much to deal with.
    5. There is no thumb groove on the handle, which from a person standpoint is not comfortable. I don't want me thumb getting caught on the safety and preventing the weapon from returning battery... or hitting the slide stop when I don't want to.
    6. The glow in the dark concept for the stock sights (while replaceable) is crap, unless you've been walking around all day in a well lit area. standard night sights would be better, should you need to defend yourself.
    7. the they tend to get unnecessary rather strange wear and tare on the feed ramp. The top of the ramp is polymer. The feed ramp on a Glock is attached to the barrel, not the frame... Flat nosed rounds tend to fail to feed.
    8. There is fron't end serration on the slide. I don't really see a reason for that.
    9. is has a DA/SA trigger.. I'm used to the trigger reset, Glock/Sig/AR-15 style. People report that the PX4's DA trigger set feels "gritty."
    10. People have reported that getting all 17 rounds is the mag is hard as hell. I loaded all 15 in my G19 mag straight from the box.

That's about all I can think of right now.

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra, you left out how much you hate the Glock style take down system.

:P

Post imported post

ravo_Sierra wrote:
    10. People have reported that getting all 17 rounds is the mag is hard as hell. I loaded all 15 in my G19 mag straight from the box.
    I can corroborate this. I've fired a Beretta CX4 - the carbine companion to the PX4, which uses the same magazines - and loading the magazines to full capacity is hard as hell. Really, my thumb was in pain after just a few reloads, and I subsequently left off the last two rounds in each mag.

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:

No I didn't. I like the takedown system on Glocks. I can do it in like 2 seconds...

Post imported post

I Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:

No I didn't. I like the takedown system on Glocks. I can do it in like 2 seconds...
    I'm getting you a sense of humor for you birthday!'

I know you like Glocks including the take down system. Everyone who reads this forum know you love you Glock. It was a joke which is why I added a " :P " to the post.

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    Just wondering what you guys have to say about this pistol.
    I have a CX4 and a PX4, both in 40S&W. I really like both.

I carry the PX4 pretty regularly. It's reliable and easy to handle.

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    deepdiver wrote:

I'm getting you a sense of humor for you birthday!'

I know you like Glocks including the take down system. Everyone who reads this forum know you love you Glock. It was a joke which is why I added a " :P " to the post.
    Sorry there are just people on this board that like to argue with me just for the sake of arguing I'm starting to get to the point where I'm just going to stay on getoffthex and leave these yahoos alone.

Post imported post

I really considered buying the PX4. I thought it looked interesting. I got an XD40 instead and love it to death.

Post imported post

Sorry there are just people on this board that like to argue with me just for the sake of arguing.
    LOL

Anyway, nothing seems particularly wrong with it, although I have not tried it as of this time. My "on paper" dislikes have already been covered by other people, but I don't think it would be a bad gun.

Honestly I'd get a 92 or 90-Two instead, especially if the rotating barrel is mostly what you're after. They look better IMO too.