• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

King County - Wait time for CPL?

jeri534

imported post

I know this is a OC forum, but I know almost most, if not all of the members on here have their CPL.

I was wondering, in King County, if youve applied, how long was your wait? I know they say 30 days but Im getting a bit worried. Ill be on day 28 tomorrow and Im hoping it comes tomorrow or saturday, or even monday as long as I get it.

Thanks

Izzle

imported post

i believe most people have reported that they wait the FULL 30 days before sending them out.

Undertowe

imported post

Hello, folks. First time poster, here.

Anyways, I applied for my CPL on 6/3 via the Seattle Police Public Request Unit. After I completed the written application and got printed, they handed me a piece of paper which stated, "The license will be available on: July 3, 2008". The clerk confirmed that I had to come pick it up - they wouldn't send it to me.

So, the Seattle Police Department, at least, takes the full 30 days permitted by RCW 9.41.070, as I've heard reported elsewhere.

Ajetpilot

imported post

My wife got her original CPL in 30 minutes (still warm from the laminator) at the Silverdale office of the Kitsap County Sheriff. There is no reason to keep one waiting for the full thirty days.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
You are probably already approved for your CPL. The 30 day wait is to allow time for all the background checks to come back. They can issue the CPL at any time after the background checks come back, and they MUST issue it to you at 30 days even if the background checks have not come back.

Island County Sheriff will not notify you early if the background checks come back. I accidently called on day 29 (they count days different than I do, I guess). She said I called a day early but would check. She said all my background checks were done so I could come get it.

If King County does it the same way as Island county, they are not going to call you when it's done, after day 30 you will need to call them. You can try now, but they may just tell you they won't accept inquiries until day 30. You have nothing to "worry" about, they will issue it after day 30 whether the background checks came back or not.
Someday some agency is going to get sued over this deliberate 30 day wait.

badger

imported post

I live downtown Seattle, in King County and received my CPL in my home mailbox precisely 31 days after applying for it.

-Badger