Thread: Philadelphia DA Says New Gun Control Laws Unconstitutional

Post imported post

Thought you guys might want to check this out.

Code:
    The city's district attorney said new gun laws passed by the city of Philadelphia are unconstitutional and she will not prosecute someone who's arrested under the new laws. 

"I cannot, as a matter of law, arrest people for illegal possession of guns," Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham said.
    Full Story in link below:

http://www.nbc10.com/news/15888179/d...i&psp=news

Post imported post

Judge strikes down some Philadelphia gun laws
    http://www.philly.com/inquirer/break..._gun_laws.html

Post imported post

Wow. In the first article:

Nutter has given Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey the green light to enforce the new laws.

To paraphrase Ramsey's comments: I don't care how much citizens' constitutional rights are trampled as long as it appears we are doing something to stop the crime. Obviously, arresting the criminals and keeping them in jail and out of the general society is out of the question.

In the second article:

The court ruled that the NRA had no standing to bring suit against the 3 of the laws. Nutter's puppet says "that the judge's decision to let three laws stand "shows that this city's actions were legal and not actions of a renegade government."" Is this man retarded? That is not what the judge said. An intelligent child could have understood what the court said. With people either that stupid or that happy to lie running things, no wonder the city is having problems.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

PA is a very nice state. Philly is a sh*t hole, 3rd world country. They voted this scumbag in, so have no one to blame but themselves. And ******** like Mayor dickhead appoint the same type ******** as themselves. Nutter, good name for the pos.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

From the article:
    Nutter said he hopes his law department can convince Abraham that the changes are defensible.
    Huh? PA has full state pre-emption, right? On what basis are they going to argue the city can override the state?

Post imported post

swillden wrote:
    From the article:
    Nutter said he hopes his law department can convince Abraham that the changes are defensible.
    Huh? PA has full state pre-emption, right? On what basis are they going to argue the city can override the state?
    Since when does "pre-emption" stop any power hungry bureaucrat?

Tarzan

Post imported post

Mayor Nutter Butter obviously doesn't care about the state or federal constitution. He has made that abundently clear. He also doesn't care about statutes or pre-emption. He is a big fish in a small pond about to have a shark bite his ass when he screws with constitutional rights (at least I hope that is how it works out).
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

It shall be interesting.

If there isn't any action on this by the time I get my LTCF in November, I'll make sure to OC with a 30-round magazine in whatever Glock I end up getting