• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Philadelphia DA Says New Gun Control Laws Unconstitutional

Dustin

imported post

Thought you guys might want to check this out.

Code:
The city's district attorney said new gun laws passed by the city of Philadelphia are unconstitutional and she will not prosecute someone who's arrested under the new laws. 

"I cannot, as a matter of law, arrest people for illegal possession of guns," Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham said.

Full Story in link below:

http://www.nbc10.com/news/15888179/detail.html?rss=phi&psp=news

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wow. In the first article:

Nutter has given Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey the green light to enforce the new laws.

To paraphrase Ramsey's comments: I don't care how much citizens' constitutional rights are trampled as long as it appears we are doing something to stop the crime. Obviously, arresting the criminals and keeping them in jail and out of the general society is out of the question.

In the second article:

The court ruled that the NRA had no standing to bring suit against the 3 of the laws. Nutter's puppet says "that the judge's decision to let three laws stand "shows that this city's actions were legal and not actions of a renegade government."" :banghead: Is this man retarded? That is not what the judge said. An intelligent child could have understood what the court said. With people either that stupid or that happy to lie running things, no wonder the city is having problems.

Gunslinger

imported post

PA is a very nice state. Philly is a sh*t hole, 3rd world country. They voted this scumbag in, so have no one to blame but themselves. And assholes like Mayor dickhead appoint the same type assholes as themselves. Nutter, good name for the pos.

swillden

imported post

From the article:
Nutter said he hopes his law department can convince Abraham that the changes are defensible.

Huh? PA has full state pre-emption, right? On what basis are they going to argue the city can override the state?

tarzan1888

imported post

swillden wrote:
From the article:
Nutter said he hopes his law department can convince Abraham that the changes are defensible.

Huh? PA has full state pre-emption, right? On what basis are they going to argue the city can override the state?

Since when does "pre-emption" stop any power hungry bureaucrat? :banghead:

Tarzan

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mayor Nutter Butter obviously doesn't care about the state or federal constitution. He has made that abundently clear. He also doesn't care about statutes or pre-emption. He is a big fish in a small pond about to have a shark bite his ass when he screws with constitutional rights (at least I hope that is how it works out).