• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Amusing Video: Captain Kirk for President

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Gun related at the end.
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/x1dtP5dBHdo&hl=en[/flash]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

He must be getting soft - no phasers.

Love it when somebody asks how many I'm carrying and I have to stop and count!

Yata hey

thx997303

imported post

Southernboy, I know he can't run for president.

Which I find as a flaw in our system, I think that certain sorts of immigrants should be able to run for president, as I have found some of them love this country more then a lot of natural born citizens, who take things for granted.

I said I would vote for that man, I meant I would if that man could run.

ETA: Geez, do I really have to elaborate on everything I say?

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Which I find as a flaw in our system, I think that certain sorts of immigrants should be able to run for president, as I have found some of them love this country more then a lot of natural born citizens, who take things for granted.
Alright -- my interest is piqued. What sorts?

thx997303

imported post

Legal, Law abiding, and have been in country for quite a while, not sure how long, but a while.

You know, the kind of people that came to this country because they loved it. The ones who weren't raised to be politicians and really want to help the country.

Also, President of the United States should not pay enough to make you a rich man. This way, I believe we would get more honest people running for president.

How much does the average presidential candidate make in a year? Well, generally it is way more then I make in 10 years.

Problem? Every presidential candidate is what I would call rich. And since most of them were raised rich, I find that they are sorely out of touch with the majority of the population of the US.

Reform needed? Yes.

Also, I have found that many immigrants, particularly those from oppressive countries, know how a government takes over a country. And if they are honest, could take steps to avoid this.

Of course the old adage "Power corrupts" So, I think that the way our government is supposed to be, is the way we need to steer our government.

Big government is bad, the less the government interferes with the daily lives with the citizens, the better.

Wow sorry got a little away from the question. I hope I answered your question.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

"Traditionally, the president is the highest-paid public employee. President Bush currently earns $400,000 per year, along with a $50,000 expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and $19,000 for entertainment."

Must be nice. Clinton bumped that up from $200,000 a year since other public employees were reaching close to that salary.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Well, I agree that the president should be the highest paid public official -- the fact that people expect raises is what's pushing it up. ;p