• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEGLIGENT discharge caught on video.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

1st rule treat every weapon as if it were loaded.
3rd rule keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire.

Fortunately this goofball didn't point it at anyone.
[flash=450,370]http://www.liveleak.com/e/f06_1212730610[/flash]

UTOC-45-44

imported post

longwatch wrote:
1st rule treat every weapon as if it were loaded.
3rd rule keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire.

Fortunately this goofball didn't point it at anyone.

UN...FREAKIN' BELIEVEABLE:what:....:what:....

How can a person BE so STUPID? (Shaking my head)

TJ

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

It may not have been 'pointed' at anything but the muzzle covered something that was 12 gauge destroyed! Cover with the muzzle only that which you would destroy.

But! But, as much as anything else, this young person's education failed him.

My father was a PG&E electrician/lineman and then engineer and he taught "nicht gefinger poken und button gepushing!" early on and with the bite of a strap.

ETA:(since I had to fix spelling)In his career he had to take six crispy-critter-co-workers down the pole after carelessly touching. Then the family had to enfold him while he recovered his confidence.

On this June 6 Anniversary and he was a veteran of WWII, I remember lifting him out of his car and carrying him into the house too dead-tired after working without respite for days restoring service after bad storms.

Look'it how comfortable we are with 'pig German' while if I were to have writen it in Ebonic dialect then the apologists would be jumping up like Miss Cleo moles to be whacked.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Dustin wrote:
What a Retard ! :shock:

Good thing it wasn't pointed at the desk clerk. :what:
I'd like to know what a T194 CQB Shotgun is doing loaded on her desk anyway :what:
It looks to me that she was counting $$$.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Who makes a "T194" shotgun? I couldn't tell what kind it is and am not familiar with that model.

Like I said at Liveleak, that shotgun could have sat there for 100 years and would never have discharged until a complete and utter moron started screwing with it.

I'm sure it was intentionally pointed at the wall so as to NOT be pointed at the woman, but that dumbass could have easily spun it a bit as he grabbed it and hit her. If it had been facing the other direction we would have a Darwin Award nominee.

Dustin

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Who makes a "T194" shotgun? I couldn't tell what kind it is and am not familiar with that model.

I saw the IMG on Google images and it said T194 under it. Upon further investigation, I've found that the T194 was a false name for the gun given to it by a Game developer for the Battlefield Game.

BUT !

I have found a shotgun that looks VERY close to that one.

[font="Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"]Mossberg Persuader Shotgun[/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"]
SKU: MS50588
[/font]

mossberg%20persuader.jpg

Nice Huh ? :cool:

kenshin

imported post

How stupid can that guy be. :cuss:

At least he got a small portion of what he deserved. Looked like the shotgun came back and smacked him in the face.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dustin wrote:
I have found a shotgun that looks VERY close to that one.

[/font]

mossberg%20persuader.jpg

That's is the exactly what my home defense shotgun is and looks like. I like her a lot.

I thought it might be a Persuader with a sling and vertical foregrip when I first saw the vid but I'm not positive that's it. It certainly looks similar though.

LEO 229

imported post

He just walks up and..... pulls the trigger!!

So it is like he was curious what would happen. :shock:

MetalChris

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
He just walks up and..... pulls the trigger!!

So it is like he was curious what would happen. :shock:

Attachments

• Curious_060816033610057_wideweb__300x375.jpg
    Curious_060816033610057_wideweb__300x375.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 696

Sheriff

imported post

Dustin wrote:
[/font]

mossberg%20persuader.jpg

Looks like an illegal sawed off shotgun to me! :lol:

In 1997 one of our local county police rookies arrested a fellow for felony sawed off shotgun possession for having one of those! True story. He got sued afterwards too. His only defense was he measured it wrong. The truth of the matter was of course he placed the charge after he realized the original charge he was arresting the guy for had blown up in his face big time.

kerchaulk

imported post

Before you start the clip, it looks like he has it in his hands. It is definitely pointed right at her. So, he had it, put it down and then pulled the trigger once it was resting on the cabinet? That woman is very lucky to be alive.

Kivuli

imported post

I keep watching this over and over. I still can't believe what a (censored) this guy is. I can't fathom anyone over age 10 would walk up to a shotgun and pull the trigger like that without being terminally stupid. I stand in awe.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

kerchaulk wrote:
Before you start the clip, it looks like he has it in his hands. It is definitely pointed right at her. So, he had it, put it down and then pulled the trigger once it was resting on the cabinet? That woman is very lucky to be alive.

That image before the video starts is time stamped as 12:50:53, which is when the he negligently pulls the trigger, causing the firearm to discharge. It appears he is holding it because he raised his left hand in an attempt to grab the weapon as it flew off the cabinet.

So far it has been assumed that this man is a complete idiot, walking into a room and, upon spotting a gun he's never seen before, pulling the trigger. There are other possibilities, though.For instance, perhapshe had just set the unloadedgun down moments prior, and left the room. While he was out, the woman decided to load the gun for whatever reason. The man then walked back in, and assumed that his gun was still unloaded as it was just a minute ago. This is why it is so terribly important to follow the 4 basic safety rules, as everyone else has said.

ETA: My girlfriend just pointed out that it looks like he was possibly just trying to pick the gun up, and his natural grip squeezed the trigger as he tried to lift the weight. I've noticed people do this with airsoft guns.

MetalChris

imported post

DreQo wrote:
My girlfriend just pointed out that it looks like he was possibly just trying to pick the gun up, and his natural grip squeezed the trigger as he tried to lift the weight. I've noticed people do this with airsoft guns.
That's possible, but I don't think that's the case here. The way he approached the gun didn't look like he was going to pick it up. To me it just looked like he wanted to see what would happen when he pulled the trigger. When I'm going to pick up a gun, I don't gingerly place my finger in the trigger guard and pull. But then again I'm also not terminally stupid (although my wife might disagree. :p)

Attachments

• 2_Curious_060816033610057_wideweb__300x375.jpg
    2_Curious_060816033610057_wideweb__300x375.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 609

Sheriff

imported post

kenshin wrote:
How stupid can that guy be. :cuss:

At least he got a small portion of what he deserved. Looked like the shotgun came back and smacked him in the face.

I would like to think that he, whoever he is, was criminally charged.

Iwould thinkall states have a criminal code similar to Virginia's, which reads:

§ 18.2-56.1. Reckless handling of firearms; reckless handling while hunting.

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to handle recklessly any firearm so as to endanger the life, limb or property of any person. Any person violating this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

B. If this section is violated while the person is engaged in hunting, trapping or pursuing game, the trial judge may, in addition to the penalty imposed by the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, revoke such person's hunting or trapping license or privilege to hunt or trap while possessing a firearm for a period of one year to life.

C. Upon a revocation pursuant to subsection B hereof, the clerk of the court in which the case is tried pursuant to this section shall forthwith send to the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (i) such person's revoked hunting or trapping license or notice that such person's privilege to hunt or trap while in possession of a firearm has been revoked and (ii) a notice of the length of revocation imposed. The Department shall keep a list which shall be furnished upon request to any law-enforcement officer, the attorney for the Commonwealth or court in this Commonwealth, and such list shall contain the names and addresses of all persons whose license or privilege to hunt or trap while in possession of a firearm has been revoked and the court which took such action.

D. If any person whose license to hunt and trap, or whose privilege to hunt and trap while in possession of a firearm, has been revoked pursuant to this section, thereafter hunts or traps while in possession of a firearm, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor, and, in addition to any penalty imposed by the jury or the court trying the case without a jury, the trial judge may revoke such person's hunting or trapping license, or privilege to hunt or trap while in possession of a firearm, for an additional period not to exceed five years. The clerk of the court shall notify the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries as is provided in subsection C herein.

(1977, c. 194; 1985, c. 182; 1991, c. 384.)