• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missing M-16's

thx997303

imported post

So, does Hill AFB make a lot of mistakes or what?

First Nuclear tipped missiles on a bomber, then mis placed fuses, Now missing M-16's?

Leave it to the Air Force.

Did anyone else see this? They dropped a case of M16's off the back of a Hummvee and some fat guy ran off with it.

Story

Oh, and I just heard Fox 13 refer to the M-16's as "High Powered Rifles"

WTF?

ScottyT

imported post

Yeah, pretty big mistake. They did fall off on base, right? Not that that is any excuse, but it seems like it might be easier to find out who picked them up...

thx997303

imported post

Yeah, on base, but still. And the liberal media has gotten hold of it, and has called the M-16 a "high powered rifle"

WTF is that? I tried to e-mail fox 13 to tell them they are morons, but I couldn't find out how to contact them.

They also referred to them as full auto, which we know is not technically true, and they are also calling them "heavy duty firepower"

Ridiculous. They just keep calling them HIgh powered rifles. Stupid media.

ScottyT

imported post

Just watching Fox news at 11, they RECOVERED the rifles.

The rifles "mysteriously reappeared on the base."

News conference on base at 11:30-12

thx997303

imported post

Of course they "mysteriously reappeared" the guy took them, realized he had comitted a felony, and put them back.

But the fact that they can "mysteriously reappear" says only bad things about Security at the base.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

if they were smart they would dust it for prints, find the one set of print that dont belong on the case, and run it against the prints they take from most of us that work on the base