• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Course in Richmond - seats still available

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
We still have a few seats left for our Utah permit course to be held in Richmond on Saturday, July 12, 2008. The cost is $79.95.

Please visit [url]http://www.ProactiveShooters.com[/url] for details and registration.

What's the latest word from Utah on the possible closing off applications from non-residents?

There was a Utah legislator that was all in a hissy fit because something like 60% of applications were from out of state. IIRC, the issue was briefly discussed at the 5/29 VCDL meeting at Tuckahoe Library.

stay safe.

skidmark

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

I called out there last week and spoke with the lady in charge of the instructors. She said that some politico was running his mouth but that there was no way that they would shut down the program and even if it ever did shut down, it would take forever to do......

I'm good with that answer...

Jim

Sleepless

imported post

skidmark wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
We still have a few seats left for our Utah permit course to be held in Richmond on Saturday, July 12, 2008. The cost is $79.95.

Please visit [url]http://www.ProactiveShooters.com[/url] for details and registration.

What's the latest word from Utah on the possible closing off applications from non-residents?

There was a Utah legislator that was all in a hissy fit because something like 60% of applications were from out of state. IIRC, the issue was briefly discussed at the 5/29 VCDL meeting at Tuckahoe Library.

stay safe.

skidmark
Canadians are not granted non-resident permits anymore but all other non-residents who are legally residents of the US are still allowed and I doubt that will ever change because I believe they make more money on the numerous non-resident permits being issued then resident permits in comparison.