Thread: Just got my CWP

Post imported post

:celebrateI finally got my permit in the mail today, My question is,are we allowed to laminate it ?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

jmath5555 wrote:
    :celebrateI finally got my permit in the mail today, My question is,are we allowed to laminate it ?
    Congrats!!! :celebrate

It's not laminated?

Weird.
    Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

Post imported post

My congrats as well. I had mine laminated at an Office Max or Depot for a few bucks. Worth it to make sure it lasts quite a while and stays legible.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

jmath5555 wrote:
    Congrats and welcome but please...

SIGN IT BEFORE LAMINATING!! lol... we had a member here that laminated first.... oops...

Post imported post

Welcome!

So, now, what gun will you be open carrying?

Post imported post

Welcome! I had my permit laminated. I also shrunk down my PA permit and laminated that one as well!

Post imported post

Spotsylvania County Clerk laminated it when I went to pick it up. Like we say in the Marines "Laminate it and take it to the field."

Post imported post

I'm on my fourth permit and have been laminating mine since I got my first one about 13 years ago. I use the plastic sheets with adhesive and make a CHP taco by folding the sheet over both sides of the CHP.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Chkultr wrote:
    I also shrunk down my PA permit and laminated that one as well!

I shrunk mine down too.. then took it a step FURTHER. I scanned it.. uplaoded the image to http://www.easyidcard.com/id-badge-home.aspand printed out a HARD card copy of it to carry in my wallet.. Of course I can ALWAYS produce the crappy paper original if they want.. or just show my Virginia, Florida, New Hampshire or Utah.:celebrate

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

The court clerk laminated mine before I left the court house. :celebrate

Post imported post

Just received my non-resident came laminated.

Post imported post

jmath5555 wrote:
    Congrats John!!! Yes, sign and laminate (it probably wouldn't make the full 5 years without lamination). Hope to see you at future dining outs, any word on the Utah permit?? We're still waiting for ours....

Post imported post

Hey Ron,

Nope,.. nothing from Utah yet, they cashed the check though, I guess they are working on it.

I will be attending this year's VCDL picnic, hope to see you both there.

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    I shrunk mine down too.. then took it a step FURTHER. I scanned it.. uplaoded the image to http://www.easyidcard.com/id-badge-home.aspand printed out a HARD card copy of it to carry in my wallet.. Of course I can ALWAYS produce the crappy paper original if they want.. or just show my Virginia, Florida, New Hampshire or Utah.:celebrate
    That is a very creative idea, they should give us plastic permits anyways instead of the cheesy fake paper ones. My permit that I got from Fairfax County looks counterfeit anyways (plain white paper, seal on the back and upside down). I probably could make a nicer one myself.

Post imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
    ed wrote:
    That is a very creative idea, they should give us plastic permits anyways instead of the cheesy fake paper ones. My permit that I got from Fairfax County looks counterfeit anyways (plain white paper, seal on the back and upside down). I probably could make a nicer one myself.
    It's good to see the $50 fee every 5 years goes to good use :?

Post imported post

I laminated mineusing yellow tinted plastic.

Makes it easier to read, and it 's MUCH easier to find in all those ID cards in my wallet.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Post imported post

If you don't laminatethe CCW permit card it will quickly wear out andthen eventually you willhave to get a replacement which means a trip to the courthouse.The card is poor qualityfor the cost.

I had aVirginiaCCW permitseveral decades ago and they were bigger and much betterquality. Of course back then if you had a permit you couldcarry concealed almost anywhere. After all it was a permit.Today you can get a permit fairly easy, but there all these exceptionswhich if you think about it is really stupid and confusing thanks to people like Governor Kaine.

Post imported post

I bought a Sig P250, thinking about getting a Beretta PX4 Subcompact, anyinfo.on how it shoots.