• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just got my CWP

sccrref

imported post

My congrats as well. I had mine laminated at an Office Max or Depot for a few bucks. Worth it to make sure it lasts quite a while and stays legible.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jmath5555 wrote:
:celebrateI finally got my permit in the mail today, My question is,are we allowed to laminate it ?

Congrats and welcome but please...

SIGN IT BEFORE LAMINATING!! lol... we had a member here that laminated first.... oops...

mobeewan

imported post

I'm on my fourth permit and have been laminating mine since I got my first one about 13 years ago. I use the plastic sheets with adhesive and make a CHP taco by folding the sheet over both sides of the CHP.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Chkultr wrote:
I also shrunk down my PA permit and laminated that one as well!

I shrunk mine down too.. then took it a step FURTHER. I scanned it.. uplaoded the image to http://www.easyidcard.com/id-badge-home.aspand printed out a HARD card copy of it to carry in my wallet.. Of course I can ALWAYS produce the crappy paper original if they want.. or just show my Virginia, Florida, New Hampshire or Utah.:celebrate

Bubba Ron

imported post

jmath5555 wrote:
:celebrateI finally got my permit in the mail today, My question is,are we allowed to laminate it ?
Congrats John!!! Yes, sign and laminate (it probably wouldn't make the full 5 years without lamination). Hope to see you at future dining outs, any word on the Utah permit?? We're still waiting for ours....

jmath5555

imported post

Hey Ron,

Nope,.. nothing from Utah yet, they cashed the check though, I guess they are working on it.

I will be attending this year's VCDL picnic, hope to see you both there.

fairfax1

imported post

ed wrote:
I shrunk mine down too.. then took it a step FURTHER. I scanned it.. uplaoded the image to http://www.easyidcard.com/id-badge-home.aspand printed out a HARD card copy of it to carry in my wallet.. Of course I can ALWAYS produce the crappy paper original if they want.. or just show my Virginia, Florida, New Hampshire or Utah.:celebrate

That is a very creative idea, they should give us plastic permits anyways instead of the cheesy fake paper ones. My permit that I got from Fairfax County looks counterfeit anyways (plain white paper, seal on the back and upside down). I probably could make a nicer one myself.

nova

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
ed wrote:

That is a very creative idea, they should give us plastic permits anyways instead of the cheesy fake paper ones. My permit that I got from Fairfax County looks counterfeit anyways (plain white paper, seal on the back and upside down). I probably could make a nicer one myself.
It's good to see the $50 fee every 5 years goes to good use :?

Shovelhead

imported post

I laminated mineusing yellow tinted plastic.

Makes it easier to read, and it 's MUCH easier to find in all those ID cards in my wallet.

mlands

imported post

If you don't laminatethe CCW permit card it will quickly wear out andthen eventually you willhave to get a replacement which means a trip to the courthouse.The card is poor qualityfor the cost.

I had aVirginiaCCW permitseveral decades ago and they were bigger and much betterquality. Of course back then if you had a permit you couldcarry concealed almost anywhere. After all it was a permit.Today you can get a permit fairly easy, but there all these exceptionswhich if you think about it is really stupid and confusing thanks to people like Governor Kaine.