• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

uncomfortable encounter

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

So i just stopped by the CVS Pharmacy which is a rock's throw from my apartment. I literally go in there ever day.

I walked in the west entrance and noticed that one of the guys in line was a bit :what:when I came in. He was maybe in his 50's, six foot'ish and about 185. Gray hair high and tight... more like a fat top "old school" style. I passed him and went to the soda pop area to get a 2-liter. He was gone when I approached the line of people, but came right back in. He was moving quickly towards me and had his eyes fixed on my side-arm. When he closed the 10 foot mark, I didn't feel very comfortable, and there was a line of people, so I didn't have much space to retreat... so I placed my open right palm on the top of the ASL strap of my holster. He stumbled back and walked around me.

At this point I'm watching him diligently. He approaches his wife (I'm assuming who was behind me and asks her what else she's buying. Some shitbird behind him piped up and asked if I was carrying a 27. or a 21. I told him, neither, and that it was a 19. He started in about how 9's don't have stopping power and 45's are better. The older guys piped up with a raised eyebrow and stated "that's horse shit... Police carried the 92F for 20 some years and .38's before that..." I stated that 32 people died from a Glock 19 and the VT Massacre and he needs to stop being a gunstore commando..." He was about my age but one of those "Urban" fellers.

Anyway, after the older guy and I grilling Mr. Interrupting Cow about his pseudo gun knowledge, he seemed to cool off and told me to have a nice day.

P.S.

I was paying for my soda while this was going on. The cashiers and managers know me and appreciate that I carry.

P.P.S.

The Car's Jr. across from that CVS (the same one TJ decide NOT to eat at) GOT ROBBED AGAIN LAST NIGHT!

Sunset and Sandhill.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
So i just stopped by the CVS Pharmacy which is a rock's throw from my apartment. I literally go in there ever day.

I walked in the west entrance and noticed that one of the guys in line was a bit :what:when I came in. He was maybe in his 50's, six foot'ish and about 185. Gray hair high and tight... more like a fat top "old school" style. I passed him and went to the soda pop area to get a 2-liter. He was gone when I approached the line of people, but came right back in. He was moving quickly towards me and had his eyes fixed on my side-arm. When he closed the 10 foot mark, I didn't feel very comfortable, and there was a line of people, so I didn't have much space to retreat... so I placed my open right palm on the top of the ASL strap of my holster. He stumbled back and walked around me.

At this point I'm watching him diligently. He approaches his wife (I'm assuming who was behind me and asks her what else she's buying. Some shitbird behind him piped up and asked if I was carrying a 27. or a 21. I told him, neither, and that it was a 19. He started in about how 9's don't have stopping power and 45's are better. The older guys piped up with a raised eyebrow and stated "that's horse shit... Police carried the 92F for 20 some years and .38's before that..." I stated that 32 people died from a Glock 19 and the VT Massacre and he needs to stop being a gunstore commando..." He was about my age but one of those "Urban" fellers.

Anyway, after the older guy and I grilling Mr. Interrupting Cow about his pseudo gun knowledge, he seemed to cool off and told me to have a nice day.

P.S.

I was paying for my soda while this was going on. The cashiers and managers know me and appreciate that I carry.

P.P.S.

The Car's Jr. across from that CVS (the same one TJ decide NOT to eat at) GOT ROBBED AGAIN LAST NIGHT!

Sunset and Sandhill.

ARE YOU BSing ME...B_S? It got robbed AGAIN???:what:. Yeah I remember when we were going there.I had a strange feeling.

I think you did good by placing our "open right palm on the top of the ASL strap ofyour holster"

TJ

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:

P.S.

P.P.S.

Sunset and Sandhill.

ARE YOU BSing ME...B_S? It got robbed AGAIN???:what:. Yeah I remember when we were going there.I had a strange feeling.

I think you did good by placing our "open right palm on the top of the ASL strap ofyour holster"

TJ

I swear man.. they don't friggin learn. Might as well have a "We welcome robbers!!" sign on the front of the place... that's twice in 2 weeks and 3 times since you last came down.

As for my encounter, I was pretty sure the guy was going to try something... glad for the both of us that he didn't.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Might come visit sooner than I thought.

There seems to be some changes in my life that are REALLY are life changing.:cry:. Kinda found out tonight...indirectly.

Stay safe and watch your 6

TJ

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Might come visit sooner than I thought.

There seems to be some changes in my life that are REALLY are life changing.:cry:. Kinda found out tonight...indirectly.

Stay safe and watch your 6

TJ
Hope all is well bro, hang in there and if there's anything we can do, let us know!

calmp9

imported post

I guess that's going to happen once in awhile. There are going to be people who are going to bring attention to you like that. The most important thing is how you handled the situation.

icode

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:

P.S.

P.P.S.

Sunset and Sandhill.

TJ

I swear man.. they don't friggin learn. Might as well have a "We welcome robbers!!" sign on the front of the place... that's twice in 2 weeks and 3 times since you last came down.

As for my encounter, I was pretty sure the guy was going to try something... glad for the both of us that he didn't.

God Almighty!, that's practically around the corner from my house. Dude, call me if you need me! pm for my number, seriously.