• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bail bond agent fires gun at fleeing woman

bayfire66

imported post

I live 2 blocks from the incident and from witnesses accounts he had justifiable cause to fire at her.She tried to run him over 2 times.So chalk one up for the good guys.Don't believe what the liberal media says,they didn't give the whole picture of what happened.

Aran

Banned
imported post

bayfire66 wrote:
I live 2 blocks from the incident and from witnesses accounts he had justifiable cause to fire at her.She tried to run him over 2 times.So chalk one up for the good guys.Don't believe what the liberal media says,they didn't give the whole picture of what happened.
I didn't read the story, but shooting at a "fleeing" target in a regular civilian case usually means the shooter goes to jail from what I've seen.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mainsail wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
Aran wrote:
I didn't read the story, but
:banghead: It is a short story and took probably less than 30 seconds to read.
...and would have taken less to copy/paste instead of just providing a link that may change and render this thread meaningless.

:banghead:
Any of us could have done that...

LAKE STEVENS - A bail bond agent fired several shots at a woman's truck Friday afternoon while trying to arrest her in this Snohomish County town, police said.

Lake Stevens Police Chief Randy Celori said the incident took place at about 3 p.m. in the parking lot of Norm's Market, at Lundeen Parkway and Highway 9 in Lake Stevens.

The bail bond agent had located a woman who had three outstanding misdemeanor warrants. He tried to arrest her, but she fled.

The agent pulled out a gun and shot at the woman's truck several times, hitting the tires. The woman jumped out of the vehicle and fled on foot, Celori said.

She has not been located, but police said she was not injured.

The case has been assigned to a detective, and it is now under investigation.

The incident was the most recent one involving bail bond agents in the Puget Sound region.

On May 22, 34-year-old Roberto Roque who was shot to death by bail bond agents in Lakewood after he backed his car into one of the agent's two cars, then started going forward. Investigators say two guns were found in Roque's car.

AnaxImperator

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
Lotsa bad news stories out there about those guys. I don't know if there are any good ones, but there sure are a lot of bad ones.

Agreed.... IMHO a lot of bail-enforcement "agents" take themselves & theirjobsway to seriously, and often step far out of line when apprehending bail-jumpers.... to the point of pulling SWAT-style insertions into residences. I've always thought that it's beyond their scope to kick down the door to someone's house and burst in with guns drawn; that bail-enforcement must notify police if they've located a bail-jumper who's hunkered down inside a residence, and at least wait for police to arrive.

I'm just waiting for a tradgedy to happen......i.e. bail-enforcement agents acting on a tip from some tweaker storm the wrong house, and are met by gunfire from a terrorized, innocent homeowner who has no idea why heavily armed men who are obviously not police are invading his house. And the outcome is likely to be very sad.

I think TV is much to blame. The proliferation of bounty-hunter shows makes the job glamorous, and every one has the agents acting like vigilante cowboys with overblown egos. That one "Bounty Girls" show is especially retarded.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Thats because the perps are laughing toohard at Dog's hair and getup to retaliate in any way.

Bounty Girls is entirely retarded. So bad that if they were filmed naked making busts, I still wouldn't watch it.....for any more than8-10 minutes......heh....