• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.org and Sgt Jensen in the LA Times!

imperialism2024

imported post

Seems like a fairly well-written article. Avoided much of the anti-open-carry language, and brought up the "Wild West" comparisons only in relevant ways. Kudos to the writer.

:celebrate

UtahRSO

imported post

Wow! We got our names in the L.A. Times!

That was a great get-together at Sweet Tomatoes, and the manager (a lady) was a nice to us as she could be.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Comments at http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-opencarry7-2008jun07-gb,0,2260639.graffitiboard

I particularly liked
Excuse me, but personally I find it scarier to think that someone may be *legally* carrying a hidden gun. A person who has it in plain sight at least gives me a chance to keep a safe distance or avoid even glancing at him/her if that's not possible. Submitted by: sonny 1:31 AM PDT, Jun 7, 2008
for a number of reasons. I wonder if the author is smart enough to extend his logic to affectations in general? http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/affectation

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

PavePusher

imported post

swillden wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
Awesome!!

Too bad they don't do a comments section...
There's a comments section. Lots of anti comments there. Please jump in!
Someone P.M.'d me about that. I either missed it (I'm stoopid like that) or it didn't come through the .mil filter. (Thanks TJ!)

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member

Legba

imported post

Outstanding, all this exposure. I don't know how many customers I've tried to tell this to. They complain how much it costs for a permit and I remind them that they don't strictly need one and I get this "damn, you're a nutcase" look most of the time. Maybe they'll believe it when they see it in the press (although I don't know why they should on that basis...)

-ljp

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Frankly, I'm surprised to see such a fair article in the LA Times and give the reporter credit for doing a good job of reporting rather than editorializing.