Thread: EAA Witness .45 ACP

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

As a newbie, I was wondering what your thoughts of using the EAA Witness for PP.

Post imported post

I own the blued steel version. It has a good solid feel to it, good grips, and shoots where I aim it. The concern I have is that the front end of the slide has sharp edges on it that can cut you. The polymer version may be better in that respect.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

I have the same firearm, I won it at a banquette dinner. I hadn't noticed any sharp edges, but I'll double check now that I know what to look for.

My question was more about would this firearms be appropriate for open carry. Some on here had indicated that wearing my six-gun quick draw rig with the 8.33-inch barrel .44mag would create undo attention and potentially a bad first impression.

I'll take advice on appropriate PP ammo as well.

Post imported post

ammo.....

FEDERAL HST

Post imported post

Yes, I think the 8.33 inch barreled 44 mag might be a little more visiable than you would want for open carry. A black Witness 45 in a dark brown or black holster hung on dark slacks would certainly be less likley to invoke comment.

As for ammo, I like the Corbon DPX and Winchester SXT hollow points.

Post imported post

I might look at the EAA in 10mm. You could use the slow stuff to get used to the weapon, then as you got better, you could work into the 175gr Silvertip Winchester. It holds more rounds in 10mm and the slow stuff is about equal to the 40 S&W or 45 ACP. The full bore stuff is about equal to the .41 Magnum.

Better would be a 357 "N" Smithwith 8 shots and a 5" barrel, but I digress...

Post imported post

I just ordered one in 10mm.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson