• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harassment from Mc Donald Employees

SickTag

imported post

My family, friends and I have been harassed by Mc Donalds employees at the Mc Donalds in Alamogordo. We enjoy going out shooting and then we all caravan to the Mc Donalds on White Sands Blvd. We have been harassed by the cashier Suzi there and the managers. Examples would be getting burgers so covered in grease that the wax paper is clear and dripping. Told we have to wait for our food and when we complained we were told to "wait or get our money back and leave!" We have complained but then have even been harassed in the drive thru. When we talked to the corp Mc Donalds, they said that they would take care of it. The owner wrote me and notified me that I was causing the problems from legally carrying in my firearm. The email said that it was illegal for me to disclose anything said in it because it was property of his company. This is trash because he told me that yes it was my right, it was legal and Mc Donalds does support it, but as the owner he was telling me that he wants a "safe" environment.

"However, just because you legally have that privilege (it's my RIGHT not my privilege) does not make it appropriate to do so."

He also asked me to leave my firearm in the vehicle! Corperate Mc Donalds supports the 2nd amendment and the NRA, so my question is WTF?!

My friends and family now have regular meetings at the Burger King across the street were we are not harassed for our rights.

Anyone know a good lawyer?!

wayneco

imported post

If it's a franchise the guy has the right to tell you to leave your gun in the car and you have the right to eat elsewhere if your 2nd A rights are important to you.

McDonald's isn't even food, I would have no problem not eating there. :)

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SickTag, please only make one post in the appropriate state forum (here). I deleted the others as people can just as easily find this one. Thanks for your help and hang in there, it soulds like that manager, while a franchisee with private property rights, is an idiot. Take your business elsewhere and tell all your friends to do the same.

Agreed, McDonalds isn't even food and kills more people in America than guns do. No nutrition whatsoever and designed to taste good and make you want more. All about money, nothing more.

Ohio Patriot

imported post

SickTag wrote:
getting burgers so covered in grease that the wax paper is clear and dripping.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but all their hamburgers are covered in grease. :p

Your post implies that you believe you have a right to be treated like a king at McDonald's. If you don't like their product or service, why go there? Vote with your dollars and go someplace else. Jeeze. :quirky

Desert Dweller

imported post

I guess i would ask them to then post their business as a gun free zone, oh thats right they still want my business so they don't have the guts. I will say that particular McDonalds has always had crappy service, and extremely greasy burgers, even for McDonalds standards. Thanks for the heads up, I will be taking my business elsewhere from now on, and will send an email to corporate informing them of this.

Dave

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

SickTag wrote:
The owner wrote me and notified me that I was causing the problems from legally carrying in my firearm. The email said that it was illegal for me to disclose anything said in it because it was property of his company.
Post the entire email here so we can see it!

SpaceCase

imported post

While a lawyer will do you no good, sending a copy of that email to corporate just might. If the owner admits to bad service because of guns, he is admitting to bad service. In my experience, big chains don't like to hear that.

-Space

swillden

imported post

If the owner or manager don't like you being there, they should just ask you to leave. If you refused, and I'm sure you wouldn't, they could call the police and have you charged with trespassing.

The idea of harassing you is just weird.

Personally, I just wouldn't go there again. Also, if I get a hamburger that has been covered in grease (more than it's supposed to be, anyway), I'd just give it back to them and say I want one that isn't. There's no reason to accept crappy food (crappier than it's supposed to be, anyway).

Oh, and as for the e-mail not being publishable, that's garbage. Yes, the owner does own the copyright on the e-mail, but US copyright law has a provision for "Fair Use", which permits reproduction of copyrighted materials "for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research". Publishing his e-mail qualifies as Fair Use in multiple ways.

MDA_II

imported post

I vowed years ago to never eat another Happy Meal in my life.....however, I would do one of two things.

1. Stop going there, go somewhere else to get the Mickey D's fix if you have to or,

2. Continue to carry there open, until/unless they put up a legal sign prohibiting the open cary of firearms.

SickTag

imported post

Dear ********, I am theowner of the McDonald's in Alamogordo. On a recent visit we did not meet your expectations of service and I am sorry. I have tried to contact you with the phone number that you left in your complaint, but I receive a recording stating that the phone number will not answer. I apologize for the sloppiness of your wife's Double Cheeseburger. This situation has been brought to the attention of the appropriate individuals to make sure that no one else is served a product in that condition. In investigating the incidents that you refer to and talking to Suzi about the visits you have made to the restaurant, I discovered that there is a history of Suzi and your wife working at Wal*Mart together. I have counseled Suzi about her comments to you concerning the carrying of firearms into the restaurant. She will not make any further comments to you in the future. You are correct that legally you can wear your firearm into the restaurant.However, just because you legally have thatprivilege does not make it appropriate to do so.McDonald's tries to maintain a family orientated atmosphere and the wearing of weapons does make other customers uncomfortable, especially when children are around. As the owner of the restaurant, I appreciate your business but would ask that you leave your firearms in your vehicle.

M. Ramsey
Owner
McDonald's Restaurant
PO Box 880
Alamogordo, NM 88311

Coment line 505-921-5025
Fax 505-434-2822

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents is
confidential, may be privileged, and is intended solely for the person
and/or entity to whom it is addressed (i.e. those identified in the "To" and
"cc" box). They are the property of IGT Enterprises, Inc. Unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, or copying of this communication, or any part
thereof, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail and attachments to the sender
and delete the e-mail and attachments and any copy from your system.
IGT thanks you for your cooperation.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SickTag wrote:
Dear ********,
Well, Burger King does taste better.

You could always e-mail him the stories about the killings in the McDonalds in California years ago. One of the first mass-murders I remember reading about after Whitman's clocktower killings. And there is the more recent one of the firefighter in a Florida McDonalds or Wendys. Then ask him again how inappropriate it is.

swillden

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Well, Burger King does taste better.

You could always e-mail him the stories about the killings in the McDonalds in California years ago. One of the first mass-murders I remember reading about after Whitman's clocktower killings. And there is the more recent one of the firefighter in a Florida McDonalds or Wendys. Then ask him again how inappropriate it is.
He'd probably take it as confirmation of his position. :banghead:

Desert Dweller

imported post

So when I am in there and I hear people using foul language, or wearing their pants hanging halfway to their knees, will he ask them to step outside, or stay in their cars? That kind of behavior makes me uncomfortable. So why don't they do something about it? I don't find it to be very appropriate. I just love being singled out, because I have the balls to accept personal responsibility for my family and my own safety. I guess I am just angry and clinging to my guns and my Bible.