• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rules Of Engagement

marine2000

imported post

So my question to everyone one on this forum is.....

Just when exactly do you engage yourself, and if so possible ....HOW,WHERE, WHEN...?????????????

Please feel free to leave comments....

Thank You..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thundar

imported post

ROE for me is simple. I engage to defend my life, my family or the life of an innocent person.

Edited for another one of my damn spelling errors.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Of course we have the common law justification as Thundar highlighted. However if I feel situation brewing I'm practicing disengagement, if possible. The best way to win a gunfight is to not be in one, again if possible.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

marine2000 wrote:

Just when exactly do you engage yourself, and if so possible ....HOW,WHERE, WHEN...?????????????

I never engaged myself. I once got engaged to a girl.

How: asked her if she would marry me. Did NOT get down on one knee.

Where: IIRC it was in her family's rec room.

When: About 27 years before I divorced her.

I do not feel free to leave any additional comments. Anybody that wants to marry her is going to have to find out for themselves why I divorced that bug***k crazy woman.

stay safe.

skidmark

LdoMaj_Ammo

imported post

Skidmark you're a nut :D. Question though.... are you a former Marine? (I was on a deployment to Korea with a Marine with the same callsign)

skidmark wrote:
marine2000 wrote:

I never engaged myself. I once got engaged to a girl.

How: asked her if she would marry me. Did NOT get down on one knee.

Where: IIRC it was in her family's rec room.

When: About 27 years before I divorced her.

I do not feel free to leave any additional comments. Anybody that wants to marry her is going to have to find out for themselves why I divorced that bug***k crazy woman.

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LdoMaj_Ammo wrote:
Skidmark you're a nut :D. Question though.... are you a former Marine? (I was on a deployment to Korea with a Marine with the same callsign)
See, everyone knows that I am the only one allowed to call themnselves a "former Marine." Everybody else is stuck with that "Once a Marine" BS.

But I am not the Marine you think I was. I have been to Korea, but never as a member of the military.

Come on down to Richmond on the 17th for the OCDO dinner meet-up. We'll swap war stories.

stay safe.

skidmark

LdoMaj_Ammo

imported post

skidmark wrote:
LdoMaj_Ammo wrote:
See, everyone knows that I am the only one allowed to call themnselves a "former Marine." Everybody else is stuck with that "Once a Marine" BS.

But I am not the Marine you think I was. I have been to Korea, but never as a member of the military.

Come on down to Richmond on the 17th for the OCDO dinner meet-up. We'll swap war stories.

stay safe.

skidmark
Will try to get down someday. I commute from the Pentagon to Spotsy and don't get home until around 7:30pm so my evenings are pretty ate up:banghead:. Weekends are about my only free time.