• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

---damn elitist gun forums and their stupid 'in-circle' of asshats who can do no wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegasus

imported post

I do indeed, and I was just about to post something calling them out for it too. Why would you ban someone who hasn't said or done anything wrong, without any warning and with no given reason? I can come up with one single reason I've been banned and that's my "connection" to someone they've arbitrarily decided to call a troublemaker, when I myself have not caused or condoned any "troublemaking" either on or off their site.

The residents of that forum can live without me, I guess, because I've made up my mind that only a complete nutcase would bother cutting out someone who could have potentially been a good ally to their cause, and I would have been, given a chance.

But now? I'm not going to support the forum. Their individual members may get some sympathy from me but screw OC dinners, screw friendships, screw the admins. I'm not going to try to beg my way back into a place where they treat members like that, and I'm going to make my feelings about them very clear to anyone else who seems interested in the forum, too. As far as I've concerned they've proven themselves to be little more than children who can't handle a mature conversation about an issue, let alone take action in a way that doesn't involve banning (I would have at least expected a warning or a PM before a ban).

Aran

Banned
imported post

I got banned from the forum for telling off a guy who was non-stop harassing and trolling me, after I had an incident with the police (As opposed to everyone else getting 100% support)

I don't want to name the forum, as its members have already hinted at tracking me down and injuring me. And I'm not even joking here. Several have more than clearly made threats.

It's a popular PA FOrum, Although I don't think it would be wise to spell it out.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Gents, since this seems like more ofa private conversation, perhaps it's best for PM unless you're willing tolet the rest of us in on it.

I do not think Aran would want the "rest of the story" to be posted here.

As someone who actually defended Aran on PAFOA, let me put it this way...

PAFOA does not ban people willy-nilly. He had a long running series of infractions regarding behavior (breaking the posted rules) that the admins eventually had enough of.

Rather than continued exchanges of personal attacks he should have just walked away and complied with the rules despite his heated disagreement with a large portion of the membership there. It's an adult forum and members are expected to act that way. Nuff said.

Now he has circumvented his ban three times since and been discovered / re-banned. Now he is here bad mouthing PAFOA for enforcing their rules?

He made his bed and now he is here whining about having to sleep in it.

Aran

Banned
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Gents, since this seems like more ofa private conversation, perhaps it's best for PM unless you're willing tolet the rest of us in on it.

I do not think Aran would want the "rest of the story" to be posted here.

As someone who actually defended Aran on PAFOA, let me put it this way...

PAFOA does not ban people willy-nilly. He had a long running series of infractions regarding behavior (breaking the posted rules) that the admins eventually had enough of.

Rather than continued exchanges of personal attacks he should have just walked away and complied with the rules despite his heated disagreement with a large portion of the membership there. It's an adult forum and members are expected to act that way. Nuff said.

Now he has circumvented his ban three times since and been discovered / re-banned. Now he is here bad mouthing PAFOA for enforcing their rules?

He made his bed and now he is here whining about having to sleep in it.
I got banned after DaveM55 trolled me and I told him off.

Simple as that.

Don't lie.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
imported post

Pegasus wrote:
I do indeed, and I was just about to post something calling them out for it too. Why would you ban someone who hasn't said or done anything wrong, without any warning and with no given reason? I can come up with one single reason I've been banned and that's my "connection" to someone they've arbitrarily decided to call a troublemaker, when I myself have not caused or condoned any "troublemaking" either on or off their site.

The residents of that forum can live without me, I guess, because I've made up my mind that only a complete nutcase would bother cutting out someone who could have potentially been a good ally to their cause, and I would have been, given a chance.

But now? I'm not going to support the forum. Their individual members may get some sympathy from me but screw OC dinners, screw friendships, screw the admins. I'm not going to try to beg my way back into a place where they treat members like that, and I'm going to make my feelings about them very clear to anyone else who seems interested in the forum, too. As far as I've concerned they've proven themselves to be little more than children who can't handle a mature conversation about an issue, let alone take action in a way that doesn't involve banning (I would have at least expected a warning or a PM before a ban).
You were banned without warning?

Please post a link to your post that got you banned... since it was so innocent.

The rules are very clear and warnings are issued for everything other than SPAM-nonrelated and blatenet threats.

Aran

Banned
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Pegasus wrote:

Please post a link to your post that got you banned... since it was so innocent.

The rules are very clear and warnings are issued for everything other than SPAM-nonrelated and blatenet threats.
That's Faerunner. My fiancee. She got banned immediately after I did, with two posts to her name.

Also, please ask gnbrotz not to hotlink from my hosting anymore, since I can't ask him myself. Thanks.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
imported post

Aran wrote:
I got banned after DaveM55 trolled me and I told him off.

Simple as that.

Don't lie.

Dave headed the warning - you did not.

Calling me a liar is indication of part of your problem. I was not in agreement with some of the things being done to you at PAFOA. Difference is, when I called on people to stop, they did. When another admin warned you - you continued.

You can call me whatever you like, I can defend your position but I can't defend your behavior over there.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OK well, let's put it this way folks. It's rude to fight in someone else's house and it's rude to bring this fight here.We won't let OCDO and this thread become a tool for cross-forum flame wars. Period.

This is not the place to discuss why anyone was banned from another forum. Take it to PM.

Closed.

kwikrnu

Banned
Pegasus wrote:

I was banned on that forum with no warning. I violated no rules. They are an elitist group of moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.