• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wow

KnightSG7

imported post

Hillary is stepping down and endorsing Obama, this is messed up...

It's live now.

Sen. Clinton: "We need to help elect Barack Obama our president"

She is suspending presidential bid, endorsing Obama.

It is big, I dont like it.

treadresistant

imported post

You guys going to be at the march on July 12th? And, I wouldn't recommend writing in RP, I hear write ins aren't counted, I'm going to vote Bob Barr instead.

sedjester

imported post

treadresistant wrote:
You guys going to be at the march on July 12th? And, I wouldn't recommend writing in RP, I hear write ins aren't counted, I'm going to vote Bob Barr instead.
I would imagine they have to count the write-ins if it is apparent who it is for. I'm probably going to be writing in Paul/Kucinich but might end up voting for Bob Barr.

WhiteFeather

imported post

treadresistant wrote:

Babar1.jpg

??????????????????????????????

Isn't that like voting for Mickey Mouse?

At least I'll be writing in a real person.:p

sacasm! All votes count silly!

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sedjester wrote:
treadresistant wrote:
I would imagine they have to count the write-ins if it is apparent who it is for. I'm probably going to be writing in Paul/Kucinich but might end up voting for Bob Barr.
Kucinish!? Are you kidding me?
http://kucinich.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1694&Itemid=48

"By helping to develop a society which does not look to violence as a method of solving problems, my proposed Department of Peace will play a key role in this. Conflict resolution and alternatives to violence will constitute major areas of responsibility within this new Department, so that we can begin to lead by examples as well as by words."

"One year after the DC-area sniper attacks, I co-signed a bill, H.R. 2038, to renew and strengthen the federal assault weapons ban. I also attended a recent Save Our Sons and Daughters (SOSAD) event.
While some believe that gun laws should reside at the state level, I respectfully disagree. In this mobile society, national control of guns just is necessary, just as it is with pollution."
"I agree with the Brady Campaign that Congress should end the gun industry's immunity from product safety regulation"

Weak 9mm

imported post

If the new AWB gets enacted it will be devistating. It won't expire, at least the way it's currently proposed, either. It bans basically any type of weapon you can imagine and anything to repair or refurbish said weapons. So even though you're "grandfathered in," you'll only have the gun for as long as its original parts last. They will try get the guns out of our hands no matter how, even when there's no evidence that it will solve the problem (And there is in fact evidence to the contrary).

It will create a great illegal arms market though, allowing criminals to run rampant with fully automatic, actual assault weapons that they get from the drug importers who have found a massive new market. The drugs make it in with ease, so will the illegal arms. From what I understand about 5% of cargo ships entering this country are actually searched thoroughly, the goal is to reach 7%. Until this is 100% (Which is never), I fail to see how these laws against citizens rights to protection will take guns from violent thugs and gang members. These weapons will be imported en-masse IMO once there's a huge illegal arms market and a knowledge that no law abiding citizen will have any firepower. Then the majority of illegal arms available will be imports rather than stolen and illegally acquired US weapons. These firearms will probably include plenty of true assault weapons.

I'm not seeing the problem with any of the current firearms laws, it's the way we're handling other things. These laws still don't stop illegal activity even though they state that felons can't purcahse them and already require background checks in many places. At the most, I could see these gun grabbers asking to require background checks for every transfer across the US. That still wont solve it, but I could at least deal with that. Taking away basically all defensive firearms is ridiculous. The 2nd amendment does not say anything about the right to hunt, but somehow these people think that's the only purpose firearms should be able to serve. The worst thing is that many hunters are fine with it as long as it doesn't infringe on their right to hunt. So they can get these idiots to support it, which makes it seem reasonable to someone who doesn't know anything about firearms or the "firearm community." I think, if they get their way, they'll either see what a bad idea it was or hire enough police to turn this place into a nazi like nation. It will go to hell in a handbasket, and quickly at that.

I had a friend (No longer though), who completely changed after I purchased my first firearm. I showed it to him and his mom told me not to point it at her and pull the trigger. :shock: I said, "Um, I would NEVER do something so stupid." Then she started telling me about all of those kids that shoot their friend accidentally, playing around with guns. I was like, "I'm not a child, and this isn't a toy."

Anyway, he said that I had "turned into a gun nut" because I showed him the recently proposed assault weapons ban. He found it perfectly reasonable because "he saw no reason why you would need more than x number of rounds, etc." I said that isn't the point, that the number of rounds in the gun shouldn't matter if you're a law abiding citizen. I pointed out the whole illegal arms dealer thing too, but he just continued to call me a gun nut. He stopped talking to me and everything over it. It was ridiculous.

I really am horrified about what could happen if they get hold of office. I don't understand why the president has so much power these days and why people want it to be as such. It was never supposed to be like this.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Babar...Boo! Hiss!!

(I secretly liked it. It was punny.)

Seriously though, I believe thata vote for anyone other than McCain is a vote for Obama. We can't afford to lose this one because our gun rights are at stake, and McCain is marginally better than the competition.

Weak 9mm

imported post

That's what I'm beginning to think. This one is so important that to waste a vote by write in is not acceptable IMO. The likelihood that such a write in would win is almost zero, so it's probably best for us to vote against Obama rather than for RP or someone who is good. McCain is the only other choice at this point that has a chance of winning IMO. I hate to think of doing such a thing as voting against someone, but if this ban is enacted it will be irreversible. We cannot let this happen, and I have great fear that it will, especially with the change in the balance of congress as well.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

First of all, nothing is irreversible. It will have to be repealed by another law rather than just expire on it's own, but that is in no way irreversible. I'm still on the fence about write in vs. McCain.

We have to make sacrifices for what we want. A violent revolution may have good results, but it means sacrificing freedom and life in the hopes of gaining freedom and life, it is what the founders of this country did. What we're looking for in America is a political revolution, and that may require making sacrifices. It may require republicans loosing the presidency because of write ins. Yes sacrificing 4 years to Obama/Hillary will suck, but maybe that's what it will take to show the republicans that we don't want candidates like McCain.

I also always try to look for the silver lining in every storm, if another 10 round mag restriction is in place then I'll have no excuse not to get a 1911.

Weak 9mm

imported post

First of all, nothing is irreversible.
I agree here, but I doubt it would get changed, at least not until a large change in the representation within the presidential office and other offices occured. Even then, it would be significantly more difficult to change after the fact than to prevent it before it happens. I do see what you're saying though, in that anything can be repealed. Even the constitution as we've already seen through many attempts at undermining various provisions of it.

I will reword it:

It has no "expiration date" like the original one did.

I also always try to look for the silver lining in every storm, if another 10 round mag restriction is in place then I'll have no excuse not to get a 1911.
True, I'll have an excuse for a Kimber and a S&W Performance Center Model 327 8 shot .357 magnum. Right now I'm trying to snatch up as many high capacity, possibly soon to be restricted, firearms as I can.

John

imported post

I hate to say it, but all of you can compromise your principles and vote for McCain all that you want, but the simple truth is that he is going to lose. Obama will be President. Even if McCain manages to pull it out, the Congress will be so tilted in favor of Democrats that they won't need the signature of the President to cram through gun control legislation. Besides, we all know McCain's history of 'compromising' with the left on various issues that are important to us.

This is the amnesty man!

This is the Campaign Finance Reform/Anti-First Amendment man!

If he's anti-1st, how can you trust him not to be anti-2nd?

I just think its foolish that some people keep voting Republican every year out of FEAR for the Democratic nominee. Then the same people throw their hands up in the air and wonder why government is so terrible. And believe me, the Republicans love playing on the people's fears, whether fear of terrorism or fear of Obama in order to get you to support them. But hey, you keep right on being suckered into it like lambs to the slaughter.

Obama...McCain...don't matter who wins, the nation loses. A vote for either candidate is a vote for the degradation of these United States.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It's just sad to me that we as Americans have to make such a choice. No that choosing your leader sucks, but that one must choose between a douche and a turd. Our current system makes everyone lose.

imperialism2024

imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
If the new AWB gets enacted it will be devistating. It won't expire, at least the way it's currently proposed, either. It bans basically any type of weapon you can imagine and anything to repair or refurbish said weapons. So even though you're "grandfathered in," you'll only have the gun for as long as its original parts last. They will try get the guns out of our hands no matter how, even when there's no evidence that it will solve the problem (And there is in fact evidence to the contrary).
Certainly makes a case for the AK platform, then... :D

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

DopaVash wrote:
It's just sad to me that we as Americans have to make such a choice. No that choosing your leader sucks, but that one must choose between a douche and a turd. Our current system makes everyone lose.
douche.jpg