• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wow

MetalChris

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
DopaVash wrote:
It's just sad to me that we as Americans have to make such a choice. No that choosing your leader sucks, but that one must choose between a douche and a turd. Our current system makes everyone lose.
douche.jpg

Vote or die, motherf*cker, vote or die! :)

That was an effing hilarious episode. :lol:

WhiteFeather

imported post

I am truly sorry if I offended anyone with babar.

I am at a point that I really hate to admit. I am tired of arguing for what is right. That is a more painful thing to say than it is to read. I just am so sick and beat from arguing with people I should not have to argue with. So many people from all walks of life cannot see past the contridiction that blinds them. I find it completely incomprehensible why some would fight so hard for some rights and ignore others to the point of insanity.

Obama and McCain are seperated by nothing because they both stand only for what we don't want. Delusions of protection for a right is not a reason to vote away your conscience. So you can vote either way and the only thing you will acomplish is putting up the same type of canidates for the years coming. The messages of Ron Paul and Bob Barr* (*to an extent) go beyond winning an election. The principles they stand for are being listened to. But ignoring their message and voting on false hopes ruins everything they have worked so hard for.

This country is not made up of presidents or congressmen or senators. This country is madeup of us. People like you and me who can make a difference either with the help of the goverment or by our selves. We have all the power necessary to change the minds and opinions of anyone. We can enact laws and we can repeal them. But payingsomeone else to do that, and voting away your principles will not acomplish any of that.

Call me jaded, call me a silly 22 year old who has no life experienceand qualifications to tell you what is and isn't possible. I know what was acomplish in 1776 and I know why we fought inthe 1860's. I have seen great men like Charleton Hestonand Martin Luther KingJr make differences. I know exactly what one person with a vision can do.

I will write in Dr. Paul in November and I will sleep soundly knowing that I voted for what I believed in. Andrefused to throw away my beliefs in the face of a party who presumed to tell me who I can and cannot vote for with threats ofwhay I may loose. They cannot take my honor or dignity those are two things that cannot be stollen. And I will be damned ifthey think that I'll sit back and surrender them.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Nothing wrong with that, I just don't think it will do anything for anyone other than you. We'll see what happens in a few months. :)

1st freedom

imported post

The choices that we have for President are(to be politically correct) disappointing.I have always thought that voting for an independent or libertarian was the same as voting for a Liberal Democrat by way of one less vote for the Republican.

Third party candidates traditionally receive about 1% of the vote. In other words, Irrelevant.They are not taken seriously and never will be at this rate.The only way to change that is for EVERYONE that is disgusted with the current way our Nation is being run is to vote for the third party candidate and bring those percentage numbers up to send a message that we are tired of the statues quo and will not tolerate our Constitution being trampled over anymore.

It wont make a difference this election,but it will send a message that the citizens of our great Nation are looking else where for leadership and that there jobs in public office may not be as secure as they once thought they were.

When a third party candidate starts receiving 8,10 or12% of the vote, people will start taking notice the there really is another choice.

Regardless of either McCain or Osoma (sorry) Obama we lose.

This election is the perfect opportunity to make such a statement.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Oh soma? BNW?

Oh you mean Hussein Osama Bin Laden?

One of my old friends stopped talking to me after I sent him a copy of the recently proposed AWB (He said I had become a "gun nut"). Well I also recall saying something in an IM conversation a short time before that. We was talking about that idiot and I said something like, "Oh, you mean Barack Osama Bin Laden?" Well, this guy just went absolutely nuts. He was like, "I can't BELIEVE you think Barack Obama is a TERRORIST!!! You really are a gun nut!!!"

It was very strange because at the time I was just kidding with him.

imperialism2024

imported post

Well, I'm starting to look at it this way:

The most likely piece of anti-gun legislation that will be seriously proposed in the next 4 years is the new AWB. Both Obama and McCain will sign this into law.

A concealed carry ban nationwide is much less likely. It would trample on the work of the states to figure out the issue among themselves, and I doubt it would get enough support even in the House. Regardless, even if it did pass, it would be a ban on carry, not ownership, and thus could rather easily be bypassed by citizens who care more about their lives than prison time. McCain would be more likely to support gun registration, most likely through the Real ID initiative that the GOP is so gung-ho to embrace.

So the way I'm looking at it, Obama almost seems the better choice. There would also be less of a chance of Obama's plucking me out of school and sending me to Eastasia (or Eurasia, or the GOP's Enemy of the Month) as cannon fodder. Taxes are easier to dodge than a Real ID-assisted draft.

If I vote for a third party, then, at best I'll be making a statement, at worst I'll be getting a guy (Obama) who is the lesser of two evils.