• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

thank you GCPD for runing my dinner at denny's

rmodel65

imported post

[line] Well it has happened again, Glynn county is the place to be if you want to be harassed for carrying a firearm. But this time there was no MWAG call, the county police (mainly the rent-a-cop off duty officer) took it upon themselves to harass me tonight while dinning in Denny's. I handed him my GFL they then asked me to put my firearm in my vehicle. I refused so they made it a point to make sure, that I did indeed restate refusal to put away my weapon, I again confirmed the belief that the officers held and I asked to speak to a supervisor. So I wait and wait and wait some more. Finally the same supervisor shows up from my first encounter with the GCPD. Again he tells me they have a right to stop me, I again tell him he is wrong and informed him that I had already showed my GFL and this situation should have been over an hour earlier. Then he goes on to say that it might be a public gathering and its open to interpretation. when are these people gonna learn. Monday I'm calling the DA and the Chief of police. See if we can get this straightened out once and for all. The officer that initiated the entire incident goes inside and speaks to the MGR and comes back out and says the manager would like to not come back armed. My father then goes inside and talks to the manager, he actually stated that He has no problems as long as it doesn't create a disturbance, and that I am legally Licensed. He also agreed it was the Police causing the problem, he then offers me a Denny's customer complaint form and it states that I was harassed by officers 1,2 and 3.

Thanks goes out to the MGMT of Denny's of Brunswick for honoring my rights.

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've read about other situations where the police talk to the manager and then tell you something different than what the manager actually had said. Maybe we should start telling the police that the manager needs to tell me himself if he doesn't want you on their property, otherwise it's third party information.

Hope you get this cleared up.

rmodel65

imported post

well the officer went in and talked to him and the guy did say i couldn't.

but the officer failed to mention why, we talked to the mgr and he stated that the police were causing the disturbance not me. and that i was welcome as long as i was being disruptive. which im not:banghead: i don't think the officer appreciated me being able to return to the inside of the restaurant armed

rmodel65

imported post

so far the 1st incident at booksamillion was JUMP and VARNADOE

the current incident the off duty cop providing security for the area was K.MASON

,ECHOLS, J. WILLIAMS were the 2 officers dining with mason that backed him up

also was contacted today gylnn county will not observe caselaw and will violate your 4th amendment rights

devo1123

imported post

Read my latest post. Still waiting for some GCO and I wish some NRA litigation. The more I read about this crap the sicker I get, not that I'm ever going to stop OC'ing.

rmodel65

imported post

no response and no problems on my end from the county since this