• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Range Questions

computerizedfish

imported post

In a previous post, it was suggested to someone looking for their first gun to go to a range that lets you rent different pistols to try out. I am really interested in this and was wondering if anyone knows of ranges that do this im my area.

I am currently in Pullman, but would be willing to travel to Spokane or Lewiston. I also frequent the Vancouver / Portland area.

I have fired handguns before (mainly the Glock G17, 22 and 21), but ever since I have started school I have not been able to do so. I would now like to get reaquantied with handguns and find one that I am comfortable with(and hopefully purchase in the near future).

Thanks for your help.

Gene Beasley

imported post

Welcome aboard.

Not my neck of the woods, but you might try:

Lewiston - Diamondback Shooting Range, 1447 Main Street, Lewiston, ID 83501.
Phone: 208-798-7468
Facilities include: Indoor Pistol (25Yds)
Hours of Operation: 10-8M-S, noon-6 Sun
Range Access: Public
Web Site:
http://www.diamondbackshooters.com
Email:
bob@diamondbackshooters.com

Spokane - Sharp Shooting Indoor Range & Gun Shop, N.1200 Freya, Spokane, WA 99202.
Phone: 509-535-4444
Facilities include: Indoor Pistol (50 ft)
Web Site:
http://www.sharpshooting.net
Email:
robin@sharpshooting.net ---------------------- Nothing about rentals on their web page

Spokane - Spokane Rifle Club Inc., 6411 A. L. White Parkway, Spokane, WA 99228.
Phone: 509-327-9632
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (25 yds), Indoor Pistol (50 ft), Outdoor Rifle (100, 200, 300 yds), Indoor Rifle (50 ft), Muzzleloading, Trap, Airgun

These are the ones listed on NRA Hq. You might have better luck searching on your own. Didn't see anything public or rental in Pullman, saw something in Moscow, but I think it was just trap. Good luck - Gene

gsx1138

imported post

There's also: Bullseye in puyallup.

Just went back there after 12 years and it has changed. Back in the day they were a bunch of elitist assholes. I think the whole losing a Bushmaster to a crazy sniper took care of that. Anyway, that's where I decided on my XD45.

Doh: Reading is fundamental. I didn't realize you were all the way in BFE. ;) Scratch my idea.

Richard6218

imported post

computerizedfish wrote:
In a previous post, it was suggested to someone looking for their first gun to go to a range that lets you rent different pistols to try out. I am really interested in this and was wondering if anyone knows of ranges that do this im my area.

I am currently in Pullman, but would be willing to travel to Spokane or Lewiston. I also frequent the Vancouver / Portland area.

I have fired handguns before (mainly the Glock G17, 22 and 21), but ever since I have started school I have not been able to do so. I would now like to get reaquantied with handguns and find one that I am comfortable with(and hopefully purchase in the near future).

Thanks for your help.
I lived in the Portland area and there I went to:

The Place to Shoot

904 N Hayden Meadows Dr

Portland OR 97217

(503) 283-1995

www.theplacetoshoot.com

It's a nice, indoor range with a helpful staff and a good selection of rental guns.

In Bellevue WA there's

Wade's Eastside Guns & Indoor Range

13570 Bel-Red Rd

Bellevue WA

(425) 649-8560

www.wadesguns.com

Again, they have a good selection of rental guns and lots of firing positions. As the name implies, Wade's also has quite a large gun shop adjacent to the range.

Both these ranges are very strict about safety rules. If you violate one you will quickly have a visit from staff.

David.Car

imported post

Actually Sharp Shooters in Spokane does rent firearms and it does say so in their website. Right on the main page "$8.50 gun rental over 80 guns to choose from"

You have to buy the ammo in the store for rented firearms (so no finding the best deal on ammo and bringing it in for their rental guns)

Bear 45/70

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
There's also: Bullseye in puyallup.

Just went back there after 12 years and it has changed. Back in the day they were a bunch of elitist assholes. I think the whole losing a Bushmaster to a crazy sniper took care of that. Anyway, that's where I decided on my XD45.

Doh: Reading is fundamental. I didn't realize you were all the way in BFE. ;) Scratch my idea.

Last I checked Bullseye was in Tacoma on Puyallup Ave.

New owners. The old guy sold a gun to the DC sniper illegally and the ATF forced him to sell out.

David.Car

imported post

Spokane is also having one of its many gun shows this next weekend at the fairgrounds (14th and 15th). While you won't ever really find a steal on any guns, it is still good fun and a nice little gathering.

Bonus: Sharp shooting range is like 2 minutes from the fair grounds.