Thread: Open Carry in Business

Post imported post

Recently I was reading through the Texas statutes and I remember reading that Employees and Owners of a business could carry concealed or open if it was approved by the owner in the policy manual. I can't find it again. Does anyone know if I am correct, or where I can find it? This might be a good way to get started with Open Carry in Texas.

Post imported post

I live in Colorado Springs, buta formerTexas resident. I believe the exception to "prohibited weapon" provision in Texas statute is on private property you own or control, or have the authorization by owner/controller to OC - it's OK. Texans need to get "prohibited weapon" provision repealed for handgun possession, and CHL law amended to allow for either OC or CC. CHL should not prohibit OC - merely ALLOW for CC. Get this accomplished and Texas becomes a free "country" once again ! I'm sure I missed discussion of a favorable SCOTUS Heller v. DC ruling in the next week pretty much nullifying the Texas statutory prohibition of handguns, with "exceptions".