Thread: "Gun Nation" segment on "30 Days" - July 1

Post imported post

On July 1st, 2008, the show 30 Days will be broadcasting a segment called "Gun Nation." One of the "stars" in the segment is Ken Ekermeyer, who is a good buddy of mine. In the show, there's a short clip of me on the range wearing a WC boonie hat and shooting a .50 BMG rifle in the prone position.

The show is on the FX Network. If you have cable or satellite TV, you might be able to get it.

More info:

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig...isodeguide.php INSTALLMENT GUIDE 05

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I have to wonder what the message they are trying to get across with this episode will be. Spurlock (SP?) has done other "30 Days" episodes and they basically only point out the perceived evils and problems of the subject. I'll have to watch it but I don't believe that it will be anything in support of 2A rights.

Post imported post

Toad wrote:
    I have to wonder what the message they are trying to get across with this episode will be. Spurlock (SP?) has done other "30 Days" episodes and they basically only point out the perceived evils and problems of the subject. I'll have to watch it but I don't believe that it will be anything in support of 2A rights.
    I emailed Ken yesterday. He replied,

The final cut turned out very balanced and I am really pleased. I think everyone will like it.
    Guess we'll see.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

The one about immigration was totally biased and edited into a pro-immigrant sob story.

Here is Frank Jorge's experiences about the project:

http://www.vdare.com/misc/060718_jorge.htm

I wouldn't trust Spurlock as far as I could throw him.

Hey, Morgan: how about 30 Days working as a cab driver in D.C. with no means of self-defense?

Post imported post

I actually look forward to seeing this episode. By then, we will know the outcome of the SCOTUS case pending on the D.C. gun ban case.