• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just OCed for the first time.

monkey

imported post

Hello

I have been lurken for a while and decided to give it a try this weekend.

Holsteredmy compact colt 1911 to my hip todayand went out for a cup of coffee.

I was very nervous about it at first but after 3 or 4 public stops and nobody said anything, I feel much better.

I would like to thank everyone on this site for helping me build up the courage to use my second amendment right.

Monkey

UTOC-45-44

imported post

monkey wrote:
Hello

I have been lurken for a while and decided to give it a try this weekend.

Holsteredmy compact colt 1911 to my hip todayand went out for a cup of coffee.

I was very nervous about it at first but after 3 or 4 public stops and nobody said anything, I feel much better.

I would like to thank everyone on this site for helping me build up the courage to use my second amendment right.

Monkey

Hi monkey,

Welcome and Congrats. Where are you from? How did you "stumble" over this site?

TJ

MountainManXD

imported post

Welcome to the forum Monkey. OCing can be intimidating, keep it up at your own pace, and congratulations on the fine start.

monkey

imported post

I live in holladay and found out about this site from a freind. Thanks Dan!!

Carried my 45 all day and I am hooked, Almost nobody even noticed.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

UTOC-45-44

imported post

monkey wrote:
I live in holladay and found out about this site from a freind. Thanks Dan!!

Carried my 45 all day and I am hooked, Almost nobody even noticed.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Where abouts in Holladay. I work @45th and Highland area.

TJ

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Great to hear!

I havent done it too to much yet, but one thing I notice is if you act like normal and not trying to see other peoples reactions (looking around), you'll "look normal" and most people will feel ok with your presence and most likely think your some off duty officer.

No person/stranger in public has asked me anything yet about my firearm, but when you do just remeber to be curtiuos, this helps all of us keep a good publicimage, let them know its legal here in UT, and its for your self defence, etc. You know...

Good luck.

Joe

UTOC-45-44