• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Time!!

brockgl

imported post

Well, for the past year or so since I received my Lifetime License I have been carrying concealed every single time I've left my house. No, I have not missed carrying a single time except when I was going to work (unfortunately). It has become a part of my wardrobe.

Anyway, it is getting hot, and I have wanted to carry my Springer 1911 which is not super comfortable to conceal. So, after joining/reading this site's forums and growing a pair I decided to OC today while I was out and about.

I went to Meijer in Anderson with my wife and 10 month old son, and afterward we ate at Culver's (a hamburger/ice cream place)...

I was stopped once at Meijer; a lady's voice from behind my wife and me said, "Excuse me sir, could I please ask you a question."

My heart started racing, and I turned around expecting to see a store manager or some anti about to bite my head off for OCing. However, instead I hear her say, "Do you ever get harrassed for carrying openly like that? Because I conceal carry myself, and I know that it's legal to carry openly in Indiana, but I have always been afraid I would get harrassed at every corner."

I admitted to her that this was indeed my first time and that so far I hadn't been harrassed, though my wife had definitely noticed some people looking at us out of the corner of their eyes.

She was very friendly, and even thanked me for being 'brave' enough to OC. And the rest of our Meijer visit was pleasant. Oh, haha, our cashier was not very friendly to the couple in front of us, and upon seeing me and eyeing my gun became VERY friendly and smiley to my wife and me.

We then went to Culver's which was packed with families with little children. I didn't look around much, but my wife said we were getting a lot glances. But after we sat down and had been eatign a while people didn't really even seem to notice.

It was a great experience, and so far no negative comments. I hope the future holds similar experiences.

aikidoka

imported post

Congratulations :)

I hope it continues to go well for you. I'll report my first experience in a few months. Need to get my license first, a good belt and the new gun I want.