• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed weapons

Tedpride

imported post

My car was recently broken into in my driveway. While giving the Officer a list of things stolen,I mentioned that I had a flap jack in the glove compartment that was taken also. The Officer then informed me that had he seen me with it I would have been arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, I told him that had that happenedhe wouldhave been sued and would have lost. Who was right?

Tedpride

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

Flap jack? never heard of such a thing, but I assume you mean some type of firearm. You are correct, in LA you can carry a firearm however you want inside your car. It's an extension of your property, basically, your house. You could hang it from the rearview mirror if you want (I wouldn't suggest it though.)

Louisiana Carry

imported post

I don't know what a flapjack is, either, but you can have anything you want in your car.

I carry all kinds of stuff in my truck, including a condition one AR15 and thousands of rounds of ammo.

Dustin

imported post

I think he means, SLAP Jack not Flap Jack (Pancake) :p

aspchrlar.jpg

Tedpride

imported post

We called it a flap Jack or Slap Jack, It is a piece of lead in a leather paddle about 8" long and 3" wide used to hit someone over the head without cutting the skin. Never used one, just saw and bougjht at a Gun and Knife show. I did ask my Attorney and he said I was right but when they want to pick on you they can find an excuse.

Tedpride

Dustin

imported post

Tedpride wrote:
I did ask my Attorney and he said I was right but when they want to pick on you they can find an excuse.

Find an Excuse ??!!??

, I say let them take it, then sue the crap out of them !

BTW here's an img of what I think he's talking about.

slapjack_jpg.jpg

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

Seriously, if they took THAT, they have some serious issues. The guy prolly just wanted it for himself and took it. This is why camera phoens come in handy, when this kind of thing occurs, take photo's of him taking it, that way he can't say "there was no "flap jack".