• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Membership

Sray51

imported post

New member.... hello all, how many members in Washington State? and how about nation wide. This may be my kind of site. I OC but usually only out on horseback.Thanks for your time. Bob

John Hardin

imported post

Welcome aboard!

No idea how many members (the Membership page doesn't show that kind of stat or allow searching by location), but I would say quite a few... The Washington forum is the second most active by a large margin.

Or maybe we're just chatty.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Sray51 wrote:
New member.... hello all, how many members in Washington State? and how about nation wide. This may be my kind of site. I OC but usually only out on horseback.Thanks for your time. Bob
hey Sray51, err, Bob - if you update your profile to SHOW you are in Washington, then you will be counted!!!!

compmanio365

imported post

Hey, Stanwood! Lived there for several years......I bet it looks nothing like it did when I was there......they were building so fast it made my head spin when I left.

Welcome aboard, and hopefully you'll make it to one of our lunches!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Hey, Stanwood! Lived there for several years......I bet it looks nothing like it did when I was there......they were building so fast it made my head spin when I left.
Welcome aboard, and hopefully you'll make it to one of our lunches!
Compmanio365 I seem to remember villagers with pichforks and torches chasing you at the edge of town, screaming "monster, monster !!" j/k

Welcome aboard Sray51

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Compmanio365 I seem to remember villagers with pichforks and torches chasing you at the edge of town, screaming "monster, monster !!" j/k
It was all the gun snobs who couldn't understand why someone would carry a hi point.

Where he is now is better. There a hi point is considered an expensive and high end gun.

compmanio365

imported post

Rich folks out on Camano Island mostly........must be all the salt water and god knows what else in the wells.......:p

In Tacoma it's easy.......I just walk around and everyone shouts, "Yo, homie!" at me.......I don't even know these people........Tacoma is such a friendly town! :lol:

nobody

imported post

Count me as one.

I read a post here about a gun having to be two steps from firing (?) Unless your carrying an empty single shot, a semi or revolver is ready to go with one step. Tell me where I'm wrong.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

nobody wrote:
Count me as one.

I read a post here about a gun having to be two steps from firing (?) Unless your carrying an empty single shot, a semi or revolver is ready to go with one step. Tell me where I'm wrong.
Welcome!
And you are wrong about everything. you just said. :p

There is no such law. I have no freaking idea where these mulitple step myths come from, but they don't apply here. You can openly carry a loaded handgun anyplace you can legally carry concealed. You do need a carry permit to carry loaded in a vehicle though.

just_a_car

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
nobody wrote:
Count me as one.

Welcome!
And you are wrong about everything. you just said. :p

There is no such law. I have no freaking idea where these mulitple step myths come from, but they don't apply here. You can openly carry a loaded handgun anyplace you can legally carry concealed. You do need a carry permit to carry loaded in a vehicle though.
I think there's something in regards to UTAH law with the whole "two steps from firing" thing. Doesn't apply to us free citizens.

nobody

imported post

Hi all,

Great site. Thanks for replys. I was just questioning what I read here.

Randall G.