• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many new here from the Times or TNT articles?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I've seen a couple of people who are new here thanks to the article in the Times or TNT. Just for grins how many here found this place through the newspaper?

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yes I know there has to be more people to join this site from the recent news article. After what happened in PA OCDO has been all over the net. I also have noticed a slight serge in new members recently.

ScottRL63

imported post

I am new here due to the TNT. And i will say its been very interesting and informitive. Im not sure if i will ever open carry but i dont have a problem with people who do. I wonder how many gangsters open carry? I dont think they want the attention.

ghosthunter

imported post

I just found this site due to my local paper in Mount Vernon. I have lived in this state my whole life and CC about 15 years and never new this was a open carry state. I teach state Hunter Ed classes and still did not know.

Very interesting

I see Skagit Deputies every day so I am going to bring the topic up with them to see if they have had any training on OC.

just_a_car

imported post

Welcome ghosthunter, good to see someone from your area on the boards. Just remember, not all LEO's are up-to-date on the law and may argue 'to the ends of the earth' that OC is illegal. Don't push the issue with the deputies. If the perception is there that it's an issue, contact the department's training officer and inform them that it would be in their best interest to issue a training bulletin and reference the many other departments, such as Federal Way and Everett, that have done so.

ghosthunter

imported post

Thanks Just a Car.

I manage a store the deputies hang out in alot. I am very comfortable posing the subject with them.

They know me as a ok guy. Many of their kids have been thru my Hunt Ed classes.

Mount Vernon PD is a different story.

KahrKellen

imported post

I joined because I saw the LA Times article when I was surfing Drudgereport. I have been here since 05' when I got stationed at McChord. I've been concealed for a couple years and had no clue about open carry. No more worries for me. I glad to be a member of this great online community.

Hammer

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
I've seen a couple of people who are new here thanks to the article in the Times or TNT. Just for grins how many here found this place through the newspaper?
I found the site from the local paper, that picked up the article from the LATimes. It has got me fired up to return to OC from CC. Been trying it in select locations to see what the reaction might be. So far, no negatives. I need a pamplet or biz card to carry to point ot the site.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
Looks to be about 300 new members since Saturday.
Whats the normal new member rate? Does anyone keep track of that?
As of today, June 10, 2008 7:55pm there are a total of 231 members who have Washington selected as their home state. It took me just under an hour to compile the info. The spreadsheet I have created shows usernames, location and date joined information that is public information that each user made available and accessible by anyone on OCDO. Its currently sorted by date joined, username & location.
If you did not list Washington as your state of choice, you did not get counted.

If someone wants the file in excel format PM me & I'll mail it out.

Enjoy....

nobody

imported post

Count me as one. I carry both ways. Have had interesting incidents with authorities. None negative.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

It missed a few, none were intentional. All I did was pull up the user list and used the sort by state feature. Depending on how you listed the state reference you may or may not be listed properly in the sort feature.
edit: added - trigger dr, expvideo, nobody

I'm sure there are plenty more but lets not use up bandwidth here, just PM me and I'll update the file.