• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meetup at West Valley City Council Meeting

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
jaredbelch wrote:
I'd be willing to pitch in to get you here if needed... Should cost you about 10 bucks right? (60 miles @ ~30 mpg = 2 gallons * $4 per gallon) I'll throw in $3-4 bucks to get another person to help our cause...

Hmmm... (90 miles @ ~30 mpg = 3 gallons * .63 per gallon) $1.89! Count me in!
Dang I really need one of those CNG cars!

Outsider

imported post

I posted this on UCC, but I'll repost it: If you guys could save me a seat I'll be there around 6pm or 6:15pm. I get off work at 5:15pm or so and with traffic I'll get there around that time.

abrian8

imported post

OK...the wife tells me I have to go to SLC to pick up some stuff for her. I will bust my butt to get there. What is the address?

Outsider

imported post

The Regular Meeting of the West Valley City Council will be held on Tuesday June 10, 2008, at 6:30 PM, in the City Council Chambers, West Valley City Hall, 3600 Constitution Boulevard, West Valley City, Utah. Members of the press and public are invited to attend.

GeneticsDave

imported post

I wish I could be there, but my wife and I have a pregnancy type class and she would kill me if I didn't go. If this is happening again, please let me know, I would love to support you all.

Francis Marion

imported post

Outsider wrote:
The Regular Meeting of the West Valley City Council will be held on Tuesday June 10, 2008, at 6:30 PM, in the City Council Chambers, West Valley City Hall, 3600 Constitution Boulevard, West Valley City, Utah. Members of the press and public are invited to attend.
It is directly across the street from Valley Fair Mall. Constitution Boulevard is 2700 W. From most of the valley, take I-215 to 35th South exit, go west, turn left on 2700 W. and be prepared for an immediate right. It's behind a Zions Bank and shares a parking lot with Toys-R-Us.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
Ok all; let’s go ask the WVC Mayor and city council to call off the dogs so to speak. Then go to the mall or near the E-Center for some dinner.

I think it would be a great idea to attend the weekly city council meeting and discuss some recent "events" with the local PD and their response to people legally OC'ing.

Here are the details of the meeting:
http://www.wvc-ut.gov/sirepub/pubmtgframe.aspx?meetid=526&doctype=AGENDA

A G E N D A

7. Comment Period
(The comment period is limited to 30 minutes. Any person wishing to comment shall limit their comments to five minutes. Any person wishing to comment during the comment period shall request recognition by the Mayor. Upon recognition, the citizen shall approach the microphone. All comments shall be directed to the Mayor. No person addressing the City Council during the comment period shall be allowed to comment more than once during that comment period. Speakers should not expect any debate or dialogue with the Mayor, City Council or City Staff.)
In case anyone is just joining us, or wants to know the details of why we are doing this, please review the following threads.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/10692.html
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/11407.html
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/11673.html

ETA: Background information -

Just found out that my Job is gonna hold me back til 7PM, which means that I won't be in WVC til about 7:23-7:30ich:cuss:. And after that depending the weathermy wife has scheduled somethings for me. I found that out this morning:cuss:

Sorry fellas:cry:

TJ

swillden

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Just found out that my Job is gonna hold me back til 7PM, which means that I won't be in WVC til about 7:23-7:30ich:cuss:. And after that depending the weathermy wife has scheduled somethings for me. I found that out this morning:cuss:

Sorry fellas:cry:
Hmm. Without TJ's first-person perspective I think our comments would be much weaker. At the very least, I think we HAVE to have a WVC resident to speak.

Maybe this will have to be deferred to the next council meeting?

ScottyT

imported post

Agreed! Without TJ we just don't have as strong a case.

Let's hold off until next time.

Not sure if TJ posted over at UCC as well, if he didn't, can someone please tell everyone over there?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

jaredbelch

Me: Hi my name is Jared how are you today?
recorder: (no response)
Me: Um, I have a question... Are the city council chambers located in a secure area?
recorder: (no response but I can tell she is still on the line)
Me: Will I have to go through a metal detector to get in?
recorder: No (concerned voice) Why do you ask?
Me: I didn't want to be surprised when I show up and have to turn around and put my gun back in the car, since you can't carry in secure areas...
recorder: Oh
Me: Thanks, Bye.
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

:celebrate:celebrate

:celebrate

You ROCK jaredbelch

TJ

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
I have to go take the NPOST tomorrow night so that I can turn my Sherrif's Dept. application in on Friday!

I wish I could be there!

I am working on a letter to send to the WVCPD Chief, the Mayor and the City Attorney. Since I visit the city everyday (for work), this concerns me greatly.
So are you still going to wait until Wednesday for this?

ScottyT

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
I have to go take the NPOST tomorrow night so that I can turn my Sherrif's Dept. application in on Friday!

I wish I could be there!

I am working on a letter to send to the WVCPD Chief, the Mayor and the City Attorney. Since I visit the city everyday (for work), this concerns me greatly.
So are you still going to wait until Wednesday for this?
Not sure... I was just informed today that Sandy City is taking applications for new officers, but the application deadline is the 18th and it takes two weeks to get test results!!! :cuss:

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Ok, so Clark Aposhian is coming next week meeting and said that he jotted it down in his calender.

Get this,

Brian Judy, NRA-ILA Utah State Liaison,

mightbe coming there too:lol:.

TJ

Outsider

imported post

For the record I drove from Orem to WVC and then called TJ to ask where you guys were at. Found out it was cancelled, but that is okay. We need TJ!!! I should have checked online first. Oh well. I won't be able to make it next Tuesday because we're moving so I'll be there in spirit.