• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is the worst POS firearm you've ever owned?

tattedupboy

imported post

I saw a thread with this same topic on another gun board I frequent and wanted to get one started here. What is/are the worst POS firearm(s) (handgun or long gun) you have ever owned? Here are mine:

Hi Point C-9: My problem with this gun was not so much with FTF or FTE, but with the magazines. The magazines on this gun were always sliding out. At first I thought it was because the mag release button was always pressing up against the holster, so I filed down, which I thought would fix the problem. When that did not work, I found that a simple tug on the bottom of the mag was enough to make it come out. It got so bad that every time I carried this gun, I had to check to see if the mag was in place. When I finally purchased my Glock 22, I still kept checking the mag on that one. Of course it did not happen on that one.

Cobra: (Not sure of the model, but it was a .32 with an 8 rd mag and chrome slide); I could never get through a full mag without a FTE.

Cobray MAC-10: The damned thing just would not fire. I could maybe fire 2 or three consecutive shots before the damned thing would just stop. Total POS. [align=right] [/align] #2 (permalink)
post_old.gif

apcci2

imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
I saw a thread with this same topic on another gun board I frequent and wanted to get one started here. What is/are the worst POS firearm(s) (handgun or long gun) you have ever owned? Here are mine:

Hi Point C-9: My problem with this gun was not so much with FTF or FTE, but with the magazines. The magazines on this gun were always sliding out. At first I thought it was because the mag release button was always pressing up against the holster, so I filed down, which I thought would fix the problem. When that did not work, I found that a simple tug on the bottom of the mag was enough to make it come out. It got so bad that every time I carried this gun, I had to check to see if the mag was in place. When I finally purchased my Glock 22, I still kept checking the mag on that one. Of course it did not happen on that one.

Cobra: (Not sure of the model, but it was a .32 with an 8 rd mag and chrome slide); I could never get through a full mag without a FTE.

Cobray MAC-10: The damned thing just would not fire. I could maybe fire 2 or three consecutive shots before the damned thing would just stop. Total POS.
[align=right] [/align] #2 (permalink)
post_old.gif
Never owned a hi-point but I can look at one and tell its not the best quality. My worst has probably been a Bersa Thunder 380CC. It sucked, just overall sucked. I think it was more of a lemon than the entire line, but still, I won't own another.

FogRider

imported post

Nothing i'd call a POS, but I bought a TC Contender G2 that I really don't like the trigger on. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not as smooth as I'd like, and nothing like the G1 Contender I have. On a related note, does anyone want to buy a barely used G2 Contender?

nofoa

imported post

both of my guns have had problems.

I bought a MP .40c and it started dropping magazines after 1k, which has been factory fixed *fingers crossed*

And a used browning buckmark .22 which occationally gets stovepipes and bad feeds.

Edit - And i'll never sell em.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My Raven Arms P25 is a POS compared to most modern guns but it is what it is - a cheap "saturday night special" that I only carry when I need to deep conceal. It took a lot of time to fluff and buff it to smooth functioning and end the stove pipes and jamming. Now it fires off a mag of .25 HPs without issue although, if you grip the little thing too high, you won't get slide bit, you'll just jam the pistol as the slide doesn't have enough momentum to overcome any amount of extra drag. But the fixed barrel makes it pretty accurate up to about 10 yds.

thx997303

imported post

I have a Hi-point .380 and I don't have problems with the mags, of course I replaced the spring for the mag release, which is really weak, with a piece cut off of the old firing pin spring. I placed it between the button and the frame and haven't had that problem since.

Jennings J22, the biggest POS I have ever seen, It was my moms, and it would FTF, FTE all the time. couldn't get a second round off no matter how hard you tried. Took it apart and it looked like it was lubricated with vaseline. cleaned that up, polished the feed ramp, replaced the ejector and the recoil spring, redid the bore as it was too tight, and it still sucks donkey nuts.

After looking into it, the design just sucks, It has nothing to hold the casing down as it contacts the stop which helps eject it, and the stop has a backwards and upwards slant.

If it ejected out the top, it would have worked just fine, but it didn't.

compmanio365

imported post

Actually, a Beretta 21A, a little .22 pistol that wouldn't fire more than 2 rounds in succession without jamming to where you had to drop the mag and rack the slide several times to clear the jam.......got rid of it and quick.

Ironically, my HP 45 works just fine, almost or over a thousand rounds with no problem......carry it whenever I OC. You should have sent the C9 back to HP to have it fixed....would have been done for free.......oh well. Someone else is a happy HP owner, I'm sure. :D

Weak 9mm

imported post

The one reason I've never liked the .380 is that it's weaker than a 9mm but it seems like it costs more to shoot with all of the ammo I've seen. That is ass backwards!!!

It is powerful enough to be useful though, just snag some Federal Hydrashoks for defensive purposes. Those are quite good in .380 Auto.

thx997303

imported post

I agree with you there, it is ass backwards, but the gun was cheap, so I bought it.

Hmmm, I haven't tried it with hollow points.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Well, they're expensive so I'd only use them for defense, but of course initially you want to make sure that they function properly. You'd want to try them first to make sure, but they have good performance for a .380 Auto.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Oh, I don't know. I have 4 mags for my C9 and I've yet to jam once and have lost track of how many rounds I've fired thru it. Well over 1000 I know of. Now if you're limpwristing it, well, there ya go. But I'm sure your a big beefy guy with wrists the size of telephone poles so thats out of the question...

thx997303

imported post

Doesn't jam on my wife,

4'11" 97lbs.

If you're limpwristing it and can't stop, then you suck.

And it doesn't jam on me, course it's a .380 so maybe that's why.

Oh wait, the 9mm and the .380 are the same gun with minor differences, that can't be it then.

I'm afraid this thread is going to turn into a HP bashing party.

Probably gonna get closed.