• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are NC people carrying?

apcci2

imported post

What are people from NC carrying?

I generally carry a S&W M&P or a Kahr. Although I own Glocks, Sigs, and others, I usually have one of these two on me.

Usually M&P357c or M&P9c or Kahr P9

ParaChem

imported post

I carry a Glock model G22. I use to carry a Glock G20, but found it too big for me.

Fits good in my G-Code Holster. Thanks 21st Tactical!!

I guess I should have noted that I carryFederal Hydra-Shok 165 gr.rounds in one mag and Winchester FMJ 180 gr. rounds in another.

OBXMIKE

imported post

I carry a little girly gun........S&W 340sc.

I joke about the girly part......that thing is a BEAST to shoot, but I love it.

I also have been rumored to carry a Sig 1911, but only on the most special of occasions!

:cool: MIke

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

My SW99 .40 is with me 90% of the time, and my Kel-Tec P3AT is my virtually constant companion. My Walther PPK/s keeps a warm spot in the safe, but comes out for fancier occasions :). I want to get a nice 1911so it can bea presentable open carry piece, vice the more utility-like appearance of the SW99.

apcci2

imported post

My SW99 .40 is with me 90% of the time, and my Kel-Tec P3AT is my virtually constant companion. My Walther PPK/s keeps a warm spot in the safe, but comes out for fancier occasions :). I want to get a nice 1911so it can bea presentable open carry piece, vice the more utility-like appearance of the SW99.

I know what you mean. I have a SW1911 that I carry on special occasions (mostly in winter-you know how NC heat is). IMO 1911s are very presentable for OC.

pipeman

imported post

Most of the timea Taurus PT145 Pro, it'ssmall, lightweight, and DEPENDABLE. Unless I'm at work in which case I have a Hi Point 9mmCP in my truck. I work in a very dusty environment outsideand got it because it was cheap and easily made into a reliable sidearm.

xdfan

imported post

XD-40 Service in either a Bianchi Accumold belt holster with thumb break, or Blackhawk SERPA paddle. That's for OC.

When CC, either a loose shirt over the OC setup or an XD-40 SC in a DeSantis "Tuck This" holster at 4:30.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

The first one I see before I walk out the door ;). 1911 99.9% of the time. Size and caliber will vary. I also keep a Yugoslavian AK47 in the trunk of my car for those times when .45 just won't do the trick.