• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Open Open All The Time?

KahrKellen

imported post

I have my CWL. Most days I carry my Kahr K40 concealed on my hip in an IWB holster. When I do conceal it, I make sure that it pretty much stays unoticed. My question is, if I am wearing it outside the waist band with my T-Shirt tucked in but I am also wearing an unzipped jacket, are there any weird lines not to cross about guns being partially concealed? Hope that makes sense.

Kellen

"America will never be detroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it is because we detroyed ourselves."~Lincoln~

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

There are no "printing" laws for Washington. My Serpa hip holster typically shows about 2 inches due to the style of jacket I wear. No need to fear that you are breaking a law if it gets exposed.

KahrKellen

imported post

Thanks for the reply. That pretty much answers my question. I have concealed long enough and since I don't have anyone to vote for in the general election, i've decided to wear my values on my hip so people know what I stand for regardless of who is in office.

PolskiG

imported post

That’s what I love about open carrying. I used to be so paranoid about hiding my gun and worrying about the imprint. Now even when I do conceal, checkinghow my shirtor jacket is positioned is no longer an issue. Itsjust one less thing to worry about and makes me look less suspicious, like I'm trying to hide something. :)

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Nice choice on your weapon. I've had 5 different Kahr models, and loved them all. My P9 Covert is my "ALWAYS CCW" gun/backup when OCing choice, and my stainless K9 w/lasergrips is one of my OC and CC guns. The steel-framed Kahrs are one of the best-kept secrets of the handgun world.

KahrKellen

imported post

Kahr makes beautiful guns for sure. I was looking at them for over a year when I decided to go with the K40. I went to The Marksman in Puyallup to buy it and they had sold their only one. To add insult to injury, they told me that they couldn't even order one for me because the NYPD had decided to use them as their official backup gun and had placed orders with Kahr that bought out their stock for the next year! Gunbroker.com is great though and I was able to get one in no time at all. I agree with you though, by far the best kept secret in the handgun world.