Thread: BB guns and laws......question?

Post imported post

i am 16 years old is it legal for me to carry a bb gun around in a holster?

Post imported post

That would depend on local ordinances. But I will say that it is not the smartest thing to do.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

i have checked with the local police dept and it is illegal to discharge a bb,pellet,air gun in city limits. i havent found anything saying if its illegal or legal to carry them im gonna have to go more checking i think LOL

Post imported post

Most likely it would be covered in your local law as simply a "weapon" so much like carrying a knife the city can make its own laws about what you can carry. Unlike firearms of which all laws throughout the state are required to be the same.

Post imported post

BRAD_76787 wrote:
    i have checked with the local police dept and it is illegal to discharge a bb,pellet,air gun in city limits. i havent found anything saying if its illegal or legal to carry them im gonna have to go more checking i think LOL
    I think you missed my point. If you carry a bbgun in a holster at your age you had better be prepared to have officers responding, and maybe with guns drawn, because people are going to assume it is real.

Maybe if you tape a sign to your back that says "Relax, It's only a BB-Gun."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
    Most likely it would be covered in your local law as simply a "weapon" so much like carrying a knife the city can make its own laws about what you can carry. Unlike firearms of which all laws throughout the state are required to be the same.
    Except for Seattle.:P

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    Agent 47 wrote:
    Except for Seattle.:P
    LOL.
    DISCLAIMER: This post may contain libertarian ideas and language that are consistent with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including a belief in liberty, rule of law, and natural rights. It may also contain opinions critical of government and the tyrannies being committed by such. If you are an authoritarian, statist, or other freedom hater, side effects of reading this post may include high blood pressure, loose stool, severe genital itching, and diarrhea of the mouth.

Post imported post

BRAD_76787 wrote:
    Interesting. I wonder if the indoors (garage) coke can plinking I may or may not engage in once in awhile is illegal in Lake Stevens.

Post imported post

sorry guys but i am a newbie here lol but i love guns

Post imported post

and all my mom will by me is just bb guns till i am 18 witch sucks!

Post imported post

BRAD_76787 wrote:
    and all my mom will by me is just bb guns till i am 18 witch sucks!
    It's not nice to call your mom a WITCH!, Particularly when you say the "witch sucks" !!!

Post imported post

BRAD_76787 wrote:
    i am 16 years old is it legal for me to carry a bb gun around in a holster?
    What purpose would that serve?

You'd end up getting shot, or being arrested.

It won't protect you, and wearing one to look cool isn't a smart idea.
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.