• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BB guns and laws......question?

BRAD_76787

imported post

i have checked with the local police dept and it is illegal to discharge a bb,pellet,air gun in city limits. i havent found anything saying if its illegal or legal to carry them im gonna have to go more checking i think LOL

Agent 47

imported post

Most likely it would be covered in your local law as simply a "weapon" so much like carrying a knife the city can make its own laws about what you can carry. Unlike firearms of which all laws throughout the state are required to be the same.

joeroket

imported post

BRAD_76787 wrote:
i have checked with the local police dept and it is illegal to discharge a bb,pellet,air gun in city limits. i havent found anything saying if its illegal or legal to carry them im gonna have to go more checking i think LOL
I think you missed my point. If you carry a bbgun in a holster at your age you had better be prepared to have officers responding, and maybe with guns drawn, because people are going to assume it is real.

Maybe if you tape a sign to your back that says "Relax, It's only a BB-Gun." :lol:

joeroket

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
Most likely it would be covered in your local law as simply a "weapon" so much like carrying a knife the city can make its own laws about what you can carry. Unlike firearms of which all laws throughout the state are required to be the same.
Except for Seattle.:p

kenshin

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Agent 47 wrote:
Except for Seattle.:p
LOL. :lol:

thewise1

imported post

BRAD_76787 wrote:
Interesting. I wonder if the indoors (garage) coke can plinking I may or may not engage in once in awhile is illegal in Lake Stevens.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

BRAD_76787 wrote:
i am 16 years old is it legal for me to carry a bb gun around in a holster?

What purpose would that serve?

You'd end up getting shot, or being arrested.

It won't protect you, and wearing one to look cool isn't a smart idea.