• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave Carmike Ritz 15

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

swillden wrote:
asforme wrote:
Personally I don't disagree with signs carrying legal weight, as long as the law specifies that the sign be very obvious and at every possible entrance.
Given the choice, do you actually WANT signs to be legally enforceable? If King for a day in a place where signs don't have legal weight, would you pass a law giving it to them?
I don't believe that I have the right to do anything on someone elses property that the owner doesn't approve of as long as going to that property is optional.

I believe that ignoring any obvious notification of any prohibited behaviors, including notification by signs, should constitute a trespassing offense. If I say no red shirts on my property and you ignore the sign and wear a red shirt, you are trespassing. If I want to leave my property open to hiking, but I say no hunting on my property and you ignore the sign, you are trespassing (this is the fact in most states). If I say no guns on my property, and you carry a gun, you are trespassing. I see no difference in these previous three examples.

I also do not have an ends justifies the means mentality. The fact that it may make life harder for gunowners does not override property rights in my opinion.

swillden

imported post

asforme wrote:
I believe that ignoring any obvious notification of any prohibited behaviors, including notification by signs, should constitute a trespassing offense. If I say no red shirts on my property and you ignore the sign and wear a red shirt, you are trespassing.
Okay. That's clear. We've discussed this before. You believe that individual rights arise from property rights (self ownership). I believe that individual rights include and trump property rights.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Okay, to get this train back on the tracks.

Cadet Higham wrote:
Yeah, my brother works there as amanager, and he got my ticket refunded after I called him that night.
What did your brother have to say about the incident? I assume you told him about it. Being a manager he should have an understanding of the policy. From the OP it sounds like the security person wasn't really sure seeing as he saw you and said nothing, then asked you to leave.

Cadet Higham

imported post

My brother doesn't know of any policies that Carmike has regarding firearms. He referenced the employee handbook, and didn't find anything. His opinion as a manager was that if someone else did complain, he would have asked me to conceal it. If not, there wouldn't be a problem.

IMO, the security guard was trying to enforce his opinion, and personally felt uncomfortable with me carrying.

Marine Master Sergeant

imported post

As I sit back and ponder thought, it is difficult to understand why so many of you are so "wrapped up" in "open carrying"??? The fact that I CAN carry openly, doesn't mean that I go everywhere with my firearm in the open! Why do so many of you choose to do this? Why are there sooooomany of you guys posting your latest "RUN-INS"with either a law enforcement official, or a business owner???I carry EVERYDAY. I have NEVER been asked to leaveANY establishment. Why? I don'tpublicly "display" my firearm. Can I display it? SURE! It would seem that the ONLY people carryingin the open, are those that DESIRE ATTENTION. Ormaybe those actually seeking confrontation. The guy with asmall bulge under his t-shirt is not going to be asked to leave a store. Don't get me wrong, with regards to all of our"rights and freedoms". I fully support them. I served more than 20 years active duty in the Marine Corps, defending our rights.I think that all this "testing" of"WHICH BUSINESS IS GOING TO THROW ME OUT NEXT?" is crazy!!! Why is it that you don't ever see an off-duty police officer carrying his off-dutyfirearm out in the open?Probably, because he HAS NO NEED TO DRAW ANY ATTENTION TO HIMSELF!YOU ALL seem tohave this need. Is this TRULY a forum of people JUST desiring to EXERCISE THEIR RIGHTS? Or is it an "EGO" thing? You don't have a CFP? Get one!If you already have a CFP, then put your shirt over your cool looking GUN!!!! Try this for a while, and I bet nobody will ever say ANYTHING to you again. But then, I guess, there would be NOTHING to discuss here in the FORUM! I ran a business in Weber County for a couple years. If a person came into my establishment "displaying" a firearm, I would ask them if they had a CFP. If they did not, I asked them to leave. Private Property. "MY PROPERTY". No loss of income. At least, with a CFP, your butt is documented with BCI. I'm ok with that. Otherwise, I'm gonna be the only one on MY property with a gun! It's also your right to protest in public. BUT NOT ON MY PROPERTY! Stop seeking attention and complaining about establishments that ask you to leave---- PULL YOUR SHIRT OVER YOUR WEAPON. CArry in the open? EXPECT ATTENTION-- FOREVER!

GeneticsDave

imported post

Alright Master Sarg. We get it, you CC. Good for you. Now why did you join a forum dedicated to OC, when you are against it? Just to be a troll? Seems like it. Booo....

xmirage2kx

imported post

Marine Master Sergeant wrote:
As I sit back and ponder thought, it is difficult to understand why so many of you are so "wrapped up" in "open carrying"??? The fact that I CAN carry openly, doesn't mean that I go everywhere with my firearm in the open! Why do so many of you choose to do this? Why are there sooooomany of you guys posting your latest "RUN-INS"with either a law enforcement official, or a business owner???I carry EVERYDAY. I have NEVER been asked to leaveANY establishment. Why? I don'tpublicly "display" my firearm. Can I display it? SURE! It would seem that the ONLY people carryingin the open, are those that DESIRE ATTENTION. Ormaybe those actually seeking confrontation. The guy with asmall bulge under his t-shirt is not going to be asked to leave a store. Don't get me wrong, with regards to all of our"rights and freedoms". I fully support them. I served more than 20 years active duty in the Marine Corps, defending our rights.I think that all this "testing" of"WHICH BUSINESS IS GOING TO THROW ME OUT NEXT?" is crazy!!! Why is it that you don't ever see an off-duty police officer carrying his off-dutyfirearm out in the open?Probably, because he HAS NO NEED TO DRAW ANY ATTENTION TO HIMSELF!YOU ALL seem tohave this need. Is this TRULY a forum of people JUST desiring to EXERCISE THEIR RIGHTS? Or is it an "EGO" thing? You don't have a CFP? Get one!If you already have a CFP, then put your shirt over your cool looking GUN!!!! Try this for a while, and I bet nobody will ever say ANYTHING to you again. But then, I guess, there would be NOTHING to discuss here in the FORUM! I ran a business in Weber County for a couple years. If a person came into my establishment "displaying" a firearm, I would ask them if they had a CFP. If they did not, I asked them to leave. Private Property. "MY PROPERTY". No loss of income. At least, with a CFP, your butt is documented with BCI. I'm ok with that. Otherwise, I'm gonna be the only one on MY property with a gun! It's also your right to protest in public. BUT NOT ON MY PROPERTY! Stop seeking attention and complaining about establishments that ask you to leave---- PULL YOUR SHIRT OVER YOUR WEAPON. CArry in the open? EXPECT ATTENTION-- FOREVER!

I don't think I am even going to start on this... Aww what the heck:

1. A right unexercised is a right LOST

2. There is NOTHING wrong or illegal about guns, and EVERY LAST PERSON ON THIS PLANETwho has a problem with guns being openly carried either thinks guns are bad or are scared of them. There is NO other reason. My Openly carried weapon has NO impact on ANYONE except for people who the mere SIGHT of a hunk of metal scares them bad enough that they have a negative reaction. I for one will not cater to someone who is scared of 3lbs of metal (or plastic) on my hip or someone who has a different view than I do.

3. When the law states that I can kill someone that so much as pulls a weed from my property or throws a baseball through a window then property rights will outweigh personal rights, Until then Life wins.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Well Welcome to you to Marine Master Sergeant,

#1) A CFP is a PRIVILEGE by the State/Government

#2) To OC (Open Carry) is a Right by the CONSTITUTION of the.......UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

This is the BIGGEST difference.
I served more than 20 years active duty in the Marine Corps, defending our rights.

Well, OBVIOUSLY you haven't due to the FACT that you DON'T know aRIGHT is from a Cows A$$ if you say what you did.

With all due respect Master Sergeant, I came to this country from Sweden Aug 8th, 1998 and can PROUDLY say that I became a U.S CITIZEN finally Jan 14th, 2008.

I don't SEEK attention as you KINDLY described it but on the CONTRARY to you I make the PEOPLE of this GREAT NATION be AWARE of the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS that YOU Master Sergeant, is HIDDING UNDER YOUR SHIRT, which is a PRIVILEGE once again by the State/Goverment that CAN be taken away in an instance.

You say that you have "served more than 20 years active duty in the Marine Corps, defending our rights."

Well KEEP UP WITH IT. DefendOUR RIGHTS now.

About a month ago my wife and I came out from Home Depot in WVC and as we were about to get into our car a Gentleman approached and said something to the effect -" Thank you for fighting forOUR rights here at Home too. I just came back from overseas fighting for their freedom there. Don't let us loose it here. "

He said this after he saw my "A Right UnExcercised IS a Right Lost" sticker on the car and my 1911 on my hip.

This is a GREAT Salute to ALL of ourSOLDIERS . That we are still "fighting" for our Rights.

Wake up and be a Marine , Master Sergeant.

"FIGHT" FOR WHAT IS STILL OURS TO KEEP.

The CONSTITUTION of the UNITED STATES reminds us of our RIGHTS and NOT of our "PRIVILEGES".

Just my .40

([suB][suP]sorry[/suP][/suB]:uhoh:)

TJ

P.S Welcome again and sorry. I just get all :cuss:when a person don't realize theRIGHTS you have in this GREAT NATION that other Countries don't really have. D.D

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

As I sit back and ponder thought, it is difficult to understand why so many of you are so "wrapped up" in "open carrying"???

Stop seeking attention and complaining about establishments that ask you to leave---- PULL YOUR SHIRT OVER YOUR WEAPON. CArry in the open? EXPECT ATTENTION-- FOREVER!
Welcome Master Sergeant. Thank you for your service to our nation.

Why open carry?

Well, a lot of reasons.

1-In many cases it is simply more comfortable and convenient not have to try to hide the firearm. In others, for me at least, the ability to legally conceal is also very convenient.

2-Open carry may well have the advantage of deterring a crime. I shal be most pleased if I never have to draw my gun. A criminal who avoids picking me as a target becuase I am visibly armed is far preferable to having to draw down on--or even shoot (which happens VERY quickly after target acquisition in most cases)--some scum bag who didn't realize I was prepared to defend myself and loved ones.

3-Open carry provides an opportunity to educate others that isn't possible if the gun is hidden. As Clark Aposhian says, "Exposure increased tolerance." For every negative experience I've every had open carrying (maybe two and 1/2), I've had about 10 really good experiences.

With fear of starting an off topic thread, I will use the example of gay pride events. Or even gay characters on TV. 20 years ago most people considered such events downright offensive and not a single major TV show had a gay character. Today, whatever your personal views of homosexual conduct or the pride events, you have to concede that societal acceptance of homosexuals and homosexual conduct has increased DRAMATICALLY. That doesn' t happen by hiding in the closet, or to invoke another example, continuing to sit in the back of the bus forever.

4-Open Carry provides a "canary in the mine" effect for all gun owners as to how various establishments and agencies respect our rights. Being that gun owners are so law abiding, a person who carries concealed may go his whole life and never have a run in with the law. He, and others, would have NO IDEA how the WVC or SLC PD might respond to a law abiding person with a gun, or whether Walmart supports our rights, or just wants our money.

5-Under current law (which I figure violates the State Constitution, but I don't have a million dollars to win a lawsuit) a person needs a permit to carry concealed. He can generally open carry without a permit. While I have a permit for the convenience it offers, I fully understand why many may not want one. I didn't want one. I don't have a permit to attend church. No permit is needed to demand a jury trial or to confront witnesses. So why do I need a permit to exercise my right to defend my life?

6-Open carry provides a bulwark against further gun control. Those who oppose us carrying guns at one time said we shouldn't hide our guns. Now they say we shouldn't flaunt them. Just as duck and deer hunters are protected by the existance of self defense shooters and .50 cal shooters, and those who like military style rifles, so too are concealed carriers protected by the existance of those who carry their guns in the open.

Now, there are exceptions, caveats, fine print, and counter arguments to all of these reasons. But I think those half dozen reasons provide a reasonable starting point for the honest and intelligent to begin to understand the most common motivations.

Again, Welcome.

Charles

swillden

imported post

Why do so many of you choose to do this?
This has all been explained to you. If you don't like the answers, why do you keep asking for them?

Different people have different priorities. Second amendment activism isn't high on your list. That's your choice. It is important to others. That's their choice.

It has nothing to do with wanting to get attention, or wanting to look cool, and you know it. You're just reaching because you can't understand why the right to keep and bear arms, free from any government regulation, is so important to people.

thx997303

imported post

Marine Master Sergeant, Please don't continue to insult us. And don't use your service to put yourself over us, Many of us are current or retired military as well.

Just discuss, don't talk down to us, it's annoying.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

asforme wrote:
Maybe that's the difference, I don't consider it my right to carry on the property of someone who doesn't want it. I consider it my responsibility to preserve those rights by staying off the property.

Personally I don't disagree with signs carrying legal weight, as long as the law specifies that the sign be very obvious and at every possible entrance.

Yes, it means I may have less places where I can shop and do business, but it will also mean businesses have less customers. I like to let the invisible hand of economics work out these issues. Once businesses start hurting for money, they'll welcome our business. As it is we continue to give money to them while they continue to refuse to support our rights.

What's worse, being forbidden to be in a place where you're not wanted, or continuing to give money to someone who doesn't want you?

I will continue to encourage every business that does not want my firearm there to post the largest most obnoxious victim disarmament zone signs they can buy.
The reality is that our current totality of workers' comp laws, HR laws, and liability laws have combined to create a situation where virtually EVERY business larger than a mom & pop corner store have some kind of anti-gun policy. Virtually all businesses other than small, locally owned shops have formal HR policies banning employees from having guns. Are you ok patronizing businesses that so disarm their employees so long as they don't get around to banning your guns? Maybe you soothe your conscious on that one by falling back on "contracts."

For better or worse we have long since decided that businesses do not get to discriminate. Now there are a few die hard libertarian types who are ok with idea of a business being allowed to post signs like "Irish need not apply" or "no coloreds" or "no jews, no mormons" and the like. Most are not. And even in my most libertarian moments, I am not willing to sign up for my right to defend myself being the ONLY category not protected from small minded discrimination, and especially not so long as a root cause of those discriminatory policies are a host of other laws, rules, and regulations promulgagted by the very governmetn that is supposed to be protecting my rights.

We're not talking about "fewer places to shop." Check out the sites for States where signs have legal weight. Or visit such a location. It virtually eviserates your ability to legally carry (concealed or openly) at all during normal daily routines. And that starts the downward spriral of fewer people carrying because it is a hassle and then fewer people ever see anyone except a cop or criminal with a gun and that leads to more restrictions in the few remaining places where you can carry, and then fewer people carry.....

There are about 65,000 Utahns with valid permits to carry. From my conversations with people (I've arranged classes for over 2 dozen people at this point), fewer than half of them carry regularly. I'll be generous and assume that amounts to 33,000 Utahns (plus a neglible number of non-Utahns with permits visiting the State at any given time). That is about 1% of our total population, maybe 2-3% of our adult population who are likely to carry a gun on any regular basis. How many people do you think regularly open carry without a permit in Utah? I can spot you 10,000 and still not make a material difference in the market force it would be UNLESS we all lived in one city and all shoped at exactly the same stores. Which we don't.

Market forces will NOT protect a 1 to 3% minority, and especially not when half of them would just stop carrhing if it were a hassle anyway. Nope, to protect such minorities from government infringment of rights, we have a form of government that limits majority power. And for better or worse, we have LONG since crossed the bridge of using government power to protect minorities from discrimination at the hands of private business.

That may not be the most libertarian point of view. But it is reality.

Now, if you MUST find some principle other than pure political ability and necessity, consider that the worst offendors wrt our rights are corporations. Corporations are creations of the state. They are legal fictions that exist to benefit the owners and general society. It is perfectly appropriate to impose limits and rules on what an artificial person, created under state law, can or cannot do.

Looked at another way, LIFE trumps property, and doubly so when there is no material harm to property. To elevate property rights above the right to defend life is to take a very perverse view of the importance of rights or why we even carry guns in the first place.

No, please, think about what you are asking for here. We are not starting with a blank piece of paper. We will never have libertopia. And at the end of the day, your ability to legally defend yourself relies LARGELY on pure political will and power.

Charles

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
asforme wrote:
snip
Well, lets agree to disagree on the legal standing these signs should have, I don't think our argument will get anywhere as we have fundamentally different philosophies on the nature of rights.

But I will continue to encourage anti businesses to post signs. The only thing worse than an anti-gunner is a cowardly anti-gunner. Anyone who doesn't like guns should be posting signs that say "I don't like guns, no one here is armed. Please don't hurt me." Not only would I not patronize such a business out of principle, I also would avoid patronizing them because they have set up a dangerous environment ripe for crime.

What truly confuses me is your desire to give money to businesses who blatantly don't respect your rights. These businesses have tremendous lobbying power and I believe that you giving money to someone who can turn around and use it to lobby for your rights to be taken away by the GOVERNMENT is much more dangerous than you simply not being able to exercise your rights on someone else's property.

This goes for you too Mr. Anti-OC Marine. Why would you want to hide your gun for the privelage of giving money to someone who wishes you didn't have a gun? It is mind boggeling.

Why do me maintain DNP lists? Because we want to be able to avoid such businesses. These businesses having posted signs makes our job easier.

I can honestly say that since open carrying I have not intentionally patronized any business that I know is anti-gun, and I have not had to make any significant adjustment to my life. If this is impossible for you, I would consider moving.

Cadet Higham

imported post

While I appreciate your service, Master Sergeant, I disagree with your opinion.

I cannot yet legally conceal a firearm because I do not yet have a permit. UntilI receive that permit,I will not have my wife or myself fall victim to any criminal or crazy. I carry openlyso I can adequately protect the both of us.

I ask you why you have such a problem with a responsible and well-trained person carrying an openly displayed weapon.

swillden

imported post

asforme wrote:
What truly confuses me is your desire to give money to businesses who blatantly don't respect your rights.
We don't want to give money to businesses who blatantly disrespect our rights. However, there are lots of businesses that don't really care one way or the other, and encouraging them to put up signs, and giving legal force to those signs will push them the way we don't want them to go.

These businesses (and it's MOST businesses, in my experience) don't really have anything against carry on their premises. The only reason they kick up a fuss is because other patrons complain, and they don't want to have to deal with that. Nor do they really want to deal with having to ask people to leave. A sign is an easy "out" for them.

If they think of the sign on their own, fine. That's their choice. But I would MUCH rather encourage them to go the other direction, to train their employees to respond to reports of a MWAG with a polite "As long as he's not waving it around or anything, it's perfectly legal. If he starts threatening anyone with it, please call 911 immediately, or if you don't have a phone, notify us so we can call."

At the very least, please make sure that you've actually gone all the way up the chain and have verified that this business actually will NOT take the permissive route before suggesting a sign. If you suggest a sign to the first employee you talk to, then leave, that's the only idea that will make its way up the chain.

I think most truly anti-gun owners have thought of the issue themselves and have already posted their establishments. Most of the rest don't really want to remove our rights, they just aren't interested in fighting for them. Let's try to get them to support our rights, pointing out how easy it is to head off complaints, before we start recommending they disrespect our rights.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

swillden wrote:
Let's try to get them to support our rights, pointing out how easy it is to head off complaints, before we start recommending they disrespect our rights.
Well, I don't go off recommending they put up a sign as soon as someone approaches me. But when it becomes obvious they are going to ask me to leave then I recommend it. If that's their policy then they should not be afraid to advertise it.

swillden

imported post

asforme wrote:
swillden wrote:
Let's try to get them to support our rights, pointing out how easy it is to head off complaints, before we start recommending they disrespect our rights.
Well, I don't go off recommending they put up a sign as soon as someone approaches me. But when it becomes obvious they are going to ask me to leave then I recommend it. If that's their policy then they should not be afraid to advertise it.
But often it's NOT their policy. OC is sufficiently rare that most organizations don't actually have any policy on it, and your comments to them will likely guide their selection of a policy.

This is particularly problematic if you're talking to a low-level employee, because even if you offer multiple options, by the time your comments filter up through the layers of management to a decision maker whatever you said will be simplified and altered by the various people it passes through. Given that a sign is such a simple and easy option, it's likely to be the one that survives, even though others MAY have been acceptable to management/ownership.

This is why so many here say not to talk about signs. Instead, ask what their written policy is. If they have a written policy, and that policy forbids OC, THEN suggest a sign to avoid wasting their time and yours.

But if they don't actually have a policy, please don't recommend they adopt the one we don't want.

murph

imported post

This story saddens me because I've always looked at guns as a father and son bonding vehicle, and firearms education teaches a child safety, prudence, and self control.

That a father and son turned you in makes me sad. Instead if the son became alarmed about you carrying a gun the father could have taken that opportunity to explain that they are both safer with you in the theater with a firearm.

That father is missing one of the most integral parts of his son's upbringing. This really makes me sad!

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

asforme wrote:
Well, lets agree to disagree on the legal standing these signs should have, I don't think our argument will get anywhere as we have fundamentally different philosophies on the nature of rights.

But I will continue to encourage anti businesses to post signs. The only thing worse than an anti-gunner is a cowardly anti-gunner. Anyone who doesn't like guns should be posting signs that say "I don't like guns, no one here is armed. Please don't hurt me." Not only would I not patronize such a business out of principle, I also would avoid patronizing them because they have set up a dangerous environment ripe for crime.

What truly confuses me is your desire to give money to businesses who blatantly don't respect your rights. These businesses have tremendous lobbying power and I believe that you giving money to someone who can turn around and use it to lobby for your rights to be taken away by the GOVERNMENT is much more dangerous than you simply not being able to exercise your rights on someone else's property.

This goes for you too Mr. Anti-OC Marine. Why would you want to hide your gun for the privelage of giving money to someone who wishes you didn't have a gun? It is mind boggeling.

Why do me maintain DNP lists? Because we want to be able to avoid such businesses. These businesses having posted signs makes our job easier.

I can honestly say that since open carrying I have not intentionally patronized any business that I know is anti-gun, and I have not had to make any significant adjustment to my life. If this is impossible for you, I would consider moving.
Interesting set of assumptions.

Seems to me that directly confronting someone doing something you don't like and explaining that his conduct is not welcome requires far more courage than just posting a sign.

Maybe what you meant to say is that you want to see anti-gun businesses targeted by nut jobs. Most of us really don't want to see ANYONE targeted for criminal violence, even if they do disagree with us or attack our rights.

I ask again, are you ok patronizing businesses that infringe their employee's ability to defend themselves, so long as they don't bother YOU?

The purpose of DNP lists is to bring to bear our combined strength. And when was the last time any retail business that had the force of law behind their irrational and discriminatory policy actually changed that policy as a result of gun owners boycotting them? The closest I can come up with is Blockbuster video in Utah and Arizona about 15 years ago and their signs did NOT carry legal weight.

Back to combined strength, why would you want to give money to a business that infringes the rights of employees to defend themselves?

The fact of the matter is, it is nearly impossible to avoid doing business with anti-gun establishments. The only question is how we define that term and were I a betting man I'd bet you have chosen to ignore how employers treat their employees vis-a-vie RKBA.

It is almost as if you want any business who hassles you to also hassle EVERY other gun owner equally. If they don't want YOU to carry, you don't want them to allow ANYONE to carry, even--or is it ESPECIALLY--if that person has a CCW permit and can legally and easily keep his gun out of sight in such locations.

Circumstances are not always equal. You claim to support a business's absolute right to set policy on guns, but then presume that they should have to advertise that policy AND apply it equally to all comers.

Yes, we will have to disagree on the fundamentals of this issue. But I point out that your position is not very self-consistent--in addition to not really being very gun friendly. A store that only allows CC, or casually concealed, or OC on the part of really respectable looking people making large purchases, or only on the part of those who have State issued permits to carry, is better than a store than bans all private carriage of guns. And a store certainly has every right to enforce WHATEVER gun policy they want, right? And to give or not give advance notice as they see fit, right?

So you are not really supporting their rights nearly so much as you are trying to convince them to make an artificially limited choice between allowing everyong to carry exactly as he sees fit or to ban all private guns. There is a LOT of room in between these two positions and I'd rather see stores allowing some, and maybe moving in the right direction over time, than not allowing any at all.

I like the option to OC. But I also like the ability to CC and being able to defend myself in establishments that are hostile to RKBA, simply ill-informed, or just would prefer I not OC is one reason.

And when a business owner/agent tells you that OC is not allowed, do you ask if CC is permitted? I think I would. And if I did not have a permit, I think I would ask if the owner/agent was ok with me CCing. As I read the law, a property owner can allow others to CC on his property even without a permit. So if a shop keeper said no OC, but was willing to let me CC, THAT is a step in the right direction.

Cadet Higham

imported post

Just a bit of an update. I haven't heard anything back from Carmike Cinemas, and have sent three messages since the incident.
I sent this message a few minutes ago:

"I have previously used this form to try and attain Carmike Cinema's policy regarding patrons carrying firearms. I sent a message on the 31st of May and have never received any correspondence back. I am remorseful that this had to happen, but I will NEVER again patronize a Carmike Cinemas theater because of the negative attention I received about my lawful actions and behavior from one of your security guards, and the lack of response from anybody from your Company regarding this matter. I will also extend this notice to members of Utah's Open and Concealed Carry forums (http://www.opencarry.org and http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com respectively) and invite them to join in this motion as well."