Thread: Leskovar v. Gregory Nickels

Post imported post

"A city's executive orders are presumed to be valid, and grants of municipal power are to be liberally construed. An executive order may befound to be invalid if (1) a state statute preempts city regulation of the subject matter or (2) the order directly conflicts with a state statute. Those who challenge the order bear the burden of proving that the ordinance is invalid. These principles are equally applicable to executive orders and ordinances."

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/script...AJ&invol=4

I guess****** forgot about this?

Is that better? :shock:

Post imported post

Why would he? He won the case. Although I think he loses on the gun issue. And please will everybody stop making references to the mayor's body. It doesn't advance your argument and makes you look puerile.

XD45PlusP wrote:
    "A city's executive orders are presumed to be valid, and grants of municipal power are to be liberally construed. An executive order may befound to be invalid if (1) a state statute preempts city regulation of the subject matter or (2) the order directly conflicts with a state statute. Those who challenge the order bear the burden of proving that the ordinance is invalid. These principles are equally applicable to executive orders and ordinances."

I guess FATBOY forgot about this?

Post imported post

Yeah he won that case, but there is plenty of caselaw on what grounds one could challenge an executive order!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Agreed on size. Have any of you actually met ME? I'm a pretty big guy myself. It's hurtful and stupid.

Post imported post

But Lonnie, you're not the mayor....yet

Post imported post

apjonas wrote:
    Why would he? He won the case. Although I think he loses on the gun issue. And please will everybody stop making references to the mayor's body. It doesn't advance your argument and makes you look puerile.

XD45PlusP wrote:

I guess FATBOY forgot about this?
    So you want to suppress freedom of speech. You are no better than the knot headed mayor. FYI, I'm no light weight either.

Post imported post

Your not fat until you are convicted of carry a concealed firearm because your fat rolls were concealing it.:P
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    Your not fat until you are convicted of carry a concealed firearm because your fat rolls were concealing it.:P
    My ex wife wears a yellow belt so we can tell if she is walking or rolling.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    joeroket wrote:
    My ex wife wears a yellow belt so we can tell if she is walking or rolling.
    HAHAHA I can feel the love.

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    But Lonnie, you're not the mayor....yet
    O.O Me as Mayor of Seattle? You must be CRAZY. :what:

Not to mention you have to reside in Seattle to run for Mayor there.

Post imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
    O.O Me as Mayor of Seattle? You must be CRAZY. :what:

Not to mention you have to reside in Seattle to run for Mayor there.
    WHAT???? no you don't

Nickles lives in LALA land

Post imported post

Here's a little freedom of speech for you: Your comment is a prime example of the illogical, intellectually-challenged yahoo writing that makes life more complicated for the rest of us. I made a request - I did not and could not threaten anybody with imprisonment and/or a fine. I hope your understanding of the 2nd Amendment is better than that of the 1st Amendment. But I doubt it. You can say whatever you like here, subject to the rules of the owner. Please note, however, that the flood of knee-jerk reaction e-mails, chockful of spelling errors, poor grammar and incohert thought that are generated whenever the world view of people like yourself is disturbed does great damage to the cause you supposedly support. Much more than what Ian C. or Mayor Nickles could ever do. But you don't ever think about this. You just want to be first with what you think is a clever riposte even though it makes you look like a buffoon. I guess everybody wants to matter no matter what....

--Now instead of getting angry and writinga retaliatory post, why not take a few minutes and think about what I have said. After all, I'm not that important - the development of open carry is. Ask yourself - "How can I best support the goal?"

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    So you want to suppress freedom of speech. You are no better than the knot headed mayor. FYI, I'm no light weight either.

Post imported post

apjonas wrote:
    Here's a little freedom of speech for you: Your comment is a prime example of the illogical, intellectually-challenged yahoo writing that makes life more complicated for the rest of us. I made a request - I did not and could not threaten anybody with imprisonment and/or a fine. I hope your understanding of the 2nd Amendment is better than that of the 1st Amendment. But I doubt it. You can say whatever you like here, subject to the rules of the owner. Please note, however, that the flood of knee-jerk reaction e-mails, chockful of spelling errors, poor grammar and incohert thought that are generated whenever the world view of people like yourself is disturbed does great damage to the cause you supposedly support. Much more than what Ian C. or Mayor Nickles could ever do. But you don't ever think about this. You just want to be first with what you think is a clever riposte even though it makes you look like a buffoon. I guess everybody wants to matter no matter what....

--Now instead of getting angry and writinga retaliatory post, why not take a few minutes and think about what I have said. After all, I'm not that important - the development of open carry is. Ask yourself - "How can I best support the goal?"

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    You are still trying to suppress freedom of speech. If you don't agree with whatsomeone says does not give you the right to say they can't say it. And it seems you are unaware that politicians are fair game. This is true because of their position and the stupid, idiotic and quite often illegal things they do while supposedly representing us. Angry is not what I am. Fed up with lying and cheating poloticians, writing laws that restrict my freedoms illegally while themselves ignoring the law. If I was angry, the revolution would be starting. But you are so busy bring PC, another tool used to destroy our rights, that your action supports cheaters like the mayor.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    WHAT???? no you don't

Nickles lives in LALA land

Flawless victory

Post imported post

Bear,

Do you really not understand the difference between censorship and disagreement? You're certainly free to say what you like, but others are also free to say that your statements make you sound like a jerk, are harmful to the cause we're supposedly all pulling for here, etc.

Post imported post

kparker wrote:
    Bear,

Do you really not understand the difference between censorship and disagreement? You're certainly free to say what you like, but others are also free to say that your statements make you sound like a jerk, are harmful to the cause we're supposedly all pulling for here, etc.
    Sure I do, but you don't. You told them to quit calling Nickels fat. That's censorship. Saying you don't think he is fat is disagreeing. I have never told anyone they can't have their say, regardless if how moronic or idiotic it maybe. FYI, if I'm a jerk you fall in the same class by your arrogant superior attitude that you know better.

Post imported post

Bear,

First of all, it was someone else who objected to the derogatory language around here; I was merely jumping in and trying to explain why.

And no, don't be ridiculous: no one is objecting to your answer to the objective question, does Nickel's girth qualify him for the terms 'obese' or 'fat'? The question is about the Mayor's illegal power grab, and what we're objecting to is the use of unrelated, gratuituous insults when expressing disapproval of the Mayor's words and behavior--because the insults add nothing to our case, and just make us look bad.

What part of discoursing like adults don't you understand?

Post imported post

Actually he asked people to stop, he did not tell people to stop. So it was really never about censorship or a disagreement. It, at least the way I took it, was aimed at us being above namecalling and trying to show that we are being upstanding citizens on this issue.

Post imported post

Does anyone recognize this person as a member of this forum? If so, who would that be? I for sure do not know who it would be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Ummm, can I have an "I"?

Post imported post

It looks like they weren't sure how to spell GLOCK?