Thread: Need help finding a CZ seller

Post imported post

I'm about to purchase my first gun for home/self defense, however; I cannot find a local retailer that carries one. I live in Virginia Beach and am trying to find a CZ-75 P-01 with, or without, the laser grips. I'm a single full-time father and have been reading up as much as I can on different forums (I actually found a link here from a LA Times article posted on the firingline.com);I also plan on taking courses. Does anyone know of a store nearby my location that carries this gun? I'd really like to hold it first before purchasing and make sure it's a good fit for me before deciding. Thanks in advance!

edit: I've already checked every local retailer in my local phone book and came up empty

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I have shot a CZ before and didnt care for it. I was a very rough gun and felt like a brick. Why have you chosen that gun, if I may ask?

Jim
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Gun shows are your next best bet to touch one and the next one isn't until September in your area. I am sure Trader Jerry's Sells them.

Post imported post

After reading the reviews for it, I liked it's reliability, looks, acuracy, and performance... Which is why I want to verify it before buying. I've shot a couple glocks before and I just don't like them for some reason or another. I'm impressed by the HK p30 and others but their price is generally too high. I want to start with something that's easy to maintain, with lower recoil (thanks to a recently broken shooting hand, hence the 9mm).

Since I am taking all info into account, which model did you fire/dislike?

Post imported post

CZ has two models, both of which are very good. The CZ-P01 which you have mentioned and its identical full size clone, the SP-01. They are both good guns. The SP-01 has less recoil and comes with night sights on the "Tactical" model. The standard SP-01 has a safety, while the "Tactical" version only has a decocker like the P-01. The P-01 is more concealable as it is smaller and lighter. They look identical.

http://www.virginia1774.org/Page5.html

Post imported post

If you can't find any locally in the shops,

Hit up Trader Jerrys at the next gun show...he's had CZ's there every time.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Don't know how far you're willing to travel for a gun show, but every show I've been to in the past several months has had at least two dealers with CZ.

Nearest upcoming shows are in the right column at http://blog.vcdl.org
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Fawkes wrote:
    After reading the reviews for it, I liked it's reliability, looks, acuracy, and performance... Which is why I want to verify it before buying. I've shot a couple glocks before and I just don't like them for some reason or another. I'm impressed by the HK p30 and others but their price is generally too high. I want to start with something that's easy to maintain, with lower recoil (thanks to a recently broken shooting hand, hence the 9mm).

Since I am taking all info into account, which model did you fire/dislike?
    To be honest, I dont recall which model it was. I was doing a shooting lesson and the customer was thinking about buying a CZ and asked me to test fire one and give my impressions. I didnt really care for it. I know it was green and a 9mm, that's about it, sorry.

Jim
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Sounds like either a 75B or a 75B Compact. Out of the box, the triggers are rough. After around 500 rounds they smooth out quite nicely. Because of the way the sear is designed (they are a combat weapon), without gunsmith intervention they will never be that perfect smooth trigger.

I will say that the P01 is the first pistol that I have ever picked up that went into my hand like it was made to be there.

Have you tried calling CZ and asking about dealers in your area, who you can then call and see if they have stock?

-CZ

Post imported post

Fawkes wrote:
    I'm about to purchase my first gun for home/self defense, however; I cannot find a local retailer that carries one. I live in Virginia Beach and am trying to find a CZ-75 P-01 with, or without, the laser grips.
    I've been eyeballing the CZ-85 myself. I haven't noticed any P-01s, but I haven't been looking for them.

A&P Arms has CZ-75s in their Hampton store. I'd bet they have them in their VA Beach Store (on Lishelle, across from Lynnhaven Mall). No idea if they have the particular model you're shopping for, but they can probably get them. I've also seen CZ-75s and CZ-100s in the Gander Mountain stores in Hanover and Fredericksburg.

Bob's in downtown Norfolk is an authorized dealer. Consult http://www.cz-usa.com/dealer_locator...3&state=VAfor the complete list.

None of the ranges in Hampton Roads has any CZs in their rental stables, so no test drives.

Happy shopping.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Post imported post

I just tried a&p again, I guess they're back open after the range explosion mishap, but they don't carry the p-01's. I did check Bob's again as well and good news! They said that they have a cz shipment incoming that should include the p-01 (as long as they have stock) so thanks! Keep your fingers crossed!

Post imported post

Did you check out The Armory? It is off Indian River and Kempsville! Bill and Marie and the rest of the staff are great to deal with!

Good Luck

Post imported post

Chkultr wrote:
    Did you check out The Armory? It is off Indian River and Kempsville! Bill and Marie and the rest of the staff are great to deal with!

Good Luck
    They're an authorized dealer for EAA (Witness CZ-75 clones). Don't recall seeing any of the "real thing" last time I was there.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.