• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Control in Canada...Are we next ???

Weak 9mm

imported post

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. The long term goal is the complete removal of firearms from citizens, and we've known this for a while. It's strange that people really believe this will prevent criminals from acquiring them.

I like the guy who said, "I can make one phone call and get you a shotgun in 20 mins." It's the truth, just like drugs, illegal guns will just be even more accessible when they're outlawed.

docwatson

imported post

I took a tactical class with 3 Canadian officers and they all agreed that the gun control measures in thier country were a failure since the criminals all got what they wanted anyway and the laws actually made it harder for the officers when they were off duty to carry.

LEO 229

imported post

Excellent video.

I noticed the street cops agreed with me that the registration is dumb and criminals are not going to register theirs.

I am against any registration as this can make it easier for the government to call on you and demand you to turn what they know you own.

Sad that Canada is headed that way.

Registrations already happen in many states. I would NEVER live in them.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Gentlemen, we all know what the true meaning of the Second Amendment really is.

It has nothing to do with hunting. At the time when the Bill of Rights was written, hunting game as a means to provide food for the family was second nature. Just as fishing was.

And it has nothing to do with self defense. At the close of the 18th century, no one in their right mind would have questioned the right of a man to protect himself, his family, his friends, his community, and his property.

These things were as natural as breathing and that is why they are commonly referred to as natural rights.

The right that the Second Amendment was really charged to protect was that of the people to help ward off encrotching enemies, and perhaps most importantly, to destroy the government when it has become a despotic enterprise.

This is our strength.. this is what they fear the most and wish to dissolve. If the day ever comes when the Second Amendment is rend assunder and the arms of the people are to become confiscated booty, the time for talking will have ended and the time for killing, nigh.

John

imported post

Pfft, the NRA is responsible for the success of the vast majority of gun control legislation we've had in the past two decades. They keep fear alive, not gun rights.