• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No guns at Cedar Point Resorts

armueller2001

imported post

So I arrived at Cedar Point's hotel called Breakers Express, and along with a dirty room (french fries on the floor, multiple long hairs on the sheets) I was surprised to see signs at every entrance that said firearms were not allowed, and it was illegal to bring them in.

Unless an establishment can provide armed security for my family 24/7, STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY BUSINESS!! I'm sure if someone came on the property intent to do harm, they would say "Oh damn I can't bring my gun and use it to kill someone... I'd better figure out another plan!"

Also I found it funny that in the brochure for the amusement park, it said "For the safety and comfort of all guests, firearms are not allowed on premesis"...
Legally carried firearms actually enhance the SAFETY and COMFORT of all guests, but I guess that's called logic...

armueller2001

imported post

Sent this to them tonight -

"I was extremely disappointed with my stay at Breaker's Express. Our room looked like it had not been cleaned from the previous guest - there were french fries on the floor, a Pringles can next to the bed, and multiple long hairs on the sheets. It was disgusting, and was the worst condition of any hotel room I have ever stayed in. We were in room 1130.

It was also disappointing to see that at every entrance to the building, there were signs posted informing me that firearms were illegal to bring in. I own a handgun that was purchased legally and I have gone through fingerprinting, FBI background checks, and firearm safety/marksmanship training to obtain a permit to carry it. FYI - Concealed Carry permit holders are over 13 times less likely to commit a crime than the general public. Should I leave the gun in my car where it is more likely to get stolen and be used in a crime?

Unless you can provide armed security 24/7 for my family, do NOT take away my right to protect them with legal self defense. Do you honestly think a little sign is going to stop someone from bringing a gun into your building if they are intent on committing a crime such as robbery, rape or murder? I am in complete disagreement with your ban on personal protection and self defense, and will not be visiting any of your hotels or parks again."

SWhetsel

imported post

I was at Cedar Point a few weeks ago and did not see anything posted. I don't know if an amusment park is considered an "open air arena" but beer is served there. I didn't carry because I didnt want my pistol flying off while I was on a ride, however I didn't see signage that prohibited it.

As far as I am aware, even if it's there policy at the park, they still have to have it posted to enforce it. You said that the Hotel had signs posted but did you see any at the actual park?

armueller2001

imported post

I didn't really look for them at the park, but they were very clear on the map/brochure. I'm inclined to say that there are probably signs at the front of the park, although I wasn't paying attention to them when we went in.

J_5

imported post

I think it's a Cedar Fair corporate policy that they do not allow guns :(. Kings Island is the same way. Kings Island used to even require off duty LE to check their firearms at the gate and leave them in lock boxes (not sure if they do this anymore?)