• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sportsmans Warehouse in Spokane

surfj9009

imported post

Well, I have been into Sportsmans Warehouse in Spokane several times OC'ing , but most recently I was asked by a gun counter guy to leave the store because of my OC. I asked to speak with the manager, and he tried to tell me their policy was not to allow it. I pushed the issue and asked to see it in writing, and when the manager went back to get a copy he called a guy at corporate to discuss it.

A few minutes went by and he came back and said he confirmed it with corporate, OC is ok, and he ate crow and apologized. He was very nice and professional, and he thanked me for pushing the issue, otherwise he would not have known corporate policy, nor would his employees. He said he was going to go over it with all his employees at the next staff meeting which should be this week.

Just a Car, please add them to the Pro gun list.

dlnwoody

imported post

Went to the Sportsman warehouse in Lacey the other day. Was told by a guy at the gun counter that they are gun friendly OC/CC. I was told the only time you need to check it at the door is if you are looking for a holster and things for it.

Trigger Dr

imported post

If there is ANY problem with OC at ANY Sportsman's Warehouse, in a state that allows OC, a quick call to Matt French, Vice President of Sports Warehouse store operations will clear it up in the favor of OC very quickly.

His phone number is 801-304-5661 ext 44361

RiverTMasco

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
Went to the Sportsman warehouse in Lacey the other day. Was told by a guy at the gun counter that they are gun friendly OC/CC. I was told the only time you need to check it at the door is if you are looking for a holster and things for it.
I was told always by the Sportsmans in Silverdale, although I did not ask for a manager I just accepted it for what it was from the cashier.

Trigger Dr

imported post

RiverT ask for me the next time you are in the Silverdale Sportsman's

Jim

G27

imported post

One time I went to Silverdale (long ago, Jim) and I asked the lady if I could check my firearm and she said sure. Took it out of the bag and the lady that was new just stood their all bug eyed and asked her co-worker if I could do such a thing! Her facial expression was priceless. :D