• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Congressional Primary

mkl

imported post

I voted this morning for Amit.

I was disappointed in the amount of "attack" ads that the Ellmore campaign ran, all the more worse that they were factually incorrect.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mkl wrote:
I voted this morning for Amit.

I was disappointed in the amount of "attack" ads that the Ellmore campaign ran, all the more worse that they were factually incorrect.
I thought the same thing about Ellmore.

G9M&P15

imported post

Went out, brought my Mother with me. We both voted for Amit. I actually liked Ellmore. He's most definitely a better orator than Amit, but legislators shouldn't be judged by oratory. I most definitely agreed with Amit's policies moreso, but I'd be happy if either of them manages to win the actual election. Though somehow I doubt it.

I haven't seen any of these attack ads, though. Does anyone know if they're online somewhere?

mkl

imported post

KimberG19 wrote:
Went out, brought my Mother with me. We both voted for Amit. I actually liked Ellmore. He's most definitely a better orator than Amit, but legislators shouldn't be judged by oratory. I most definitely agreed with Amit's policies moreso, but I'd be happy if either of them manages to win the actual election. Though somehow I doubt it.

I haven't seen any of these attack ads, though. Does anyone know if they're online somewhere?

I don't know if they are online. I received 2 in my mailbox. One of them was later shown to have quotes supposedly from the Washington Post that it turns out were never said. There was a post story about it on...I think friday. You may be able to google that story, I think Ellmore apologized to the post for the false attribution, but he never apologized to Amit. (According to a you-tube video I saw of Amit this past weekend).

Then I received 2 emails yesterday. Both vastly distorted Amit's position on the war, questioned his patriotism, and accused him of being out to disrupt the republican convention and not vote for McCain. Typcial "he's not a real republican, he's out to steal the party" rhetoric.

If Ellmore had stuck to his own positions, or had fairly compared his positions to Amit he would have had a much better chance of getting my vote. I met and talked to Ellmore last month, and he was a very nice guy, very charismatic and well spoken. Trashing other candidates by distorting their positions just makes me mad and I can't support a campaign like that.

sectorsight

imported post

Yes, this is about me and Ellmoreme:

http://redvirginia.wordpress.com/
Don’t Vote Ellmore: Part12 BREAKING: ELLMORE INSTRUCTS 2ND AMENDMENT ADVOCATE TO SHOOT UP METRO STATION BECAUSE RIDERS DESERVE IT.
AT THE CLARENDON METRO STATION ON JUNE 3, MARK ELLMORE INSTRUCTED ARIEL SAROUSI, WHO WAS ON HIS WAY TO WORK, TO SHOOT FIREARM THAT HE WAS CARRYING AT METRO RIDERS BECAUSE THEY DESERVED IT. ARIEL WAS SHOCKED TO HEAR SUCH A PERSON SAY SOMETHING AS STUPID AS THIS. ELLMORE GOES ON TO SAY THAT HE WANTED ARIEL TO GET A 44 MAGNUM TO MAKE IT OFFICIAL. WHAT???
DEVELOPING………..

The thing this blogger didn't include which actually bothered me the most was that Ellmore kept referring to my 1911 as a glock.

mkl

imported post

sectorsight wrote:
Yes, this is about me and Ellmoreme:

http://redvirginia.wordpress.com/
Don’t Vote Ellmore: Part 12 BREAKING: ELLMORE INSTRUCTS 2ND AMENDMENT ADVOCATE TO SHOOT UP METRO STATION BECAUSE RIDERS DESERVE IT.
AT THE CLARENDON METRO STATION ON JUNE 3, MARK ELLMORE INSTRUCTED ARIEL SAROUSI, WHO WAS ON HIS WAY TO WORK, TO SHOOT FIREARM THAT HE WAS CARRYING AT METRO RIDERS BECAUSE THEY DESERVED IT.  ARIEL WAS SHOCKED TO HEAR SUCH A PERSON SAY SOMETHING AS STUPID AS THIS.  ELLMORE GOES ON TO SAY THAT HE WANTED ARIEL TO GET A 44 MAGNUM TO MAKE IT OFFICIAL.  WHAT???
DEVELOPING………..

The thing this blogger didn't include which actually bothered me the most was that Ellmore kept referring to my 1911 as a glock.

I don't really understand the blog post. Ellmore saw you on the metro with a holstered gun OCing and said "you should shoot all these people on the metro, they deserve it"? Why did he say that? What was the context? We're the riders doing something disruptive or something? It seems like there has to be something more to this story...

sectorsight

imported post

I'm as confused as you. it was a somewhat awkward situation that I just wanted to get away from. The context was straight forward, that was the second thing he asked of me, the first asking if I was waiting for a war to start.

mkl

imported post

KimberG19 wrote:

This website has a scan of one of the fliers I received in the mail:

http://bearingdrift.com/2008/06/07/did-the-ellmore-campaign-lie

G9M&P15

imported post

Thanks-- very interesting stuff. Makes me glad I didn't vote for him.

And I would definitely like to know more about this encounter on the Metro...

mkl

imported post

KimberG19 wrote:

Yeah. It is a shame too, because if you can believe what he says, he doesn't sound too bad on a lot of the issues. Hopefully besides the attack ads he is an otherwise honorable guy who will stick to what he promised during the campaign.

Unless things turn around real soon, it looks like he's going to beat Amit in the 8th tonite...since its around 54 % ellmore - 45% Amit with 80 % of precincts in.

sectorsight

imported post

KimberG19 wrote:

The metro encounter was very brief as he weirded me out. The problem with this situation is that it is sooooo bizzare that I doubt anyone would believe it even happened. As a non believer all I can swear on is my stack of rifles, shotguns, and pistols. Other sources misquoted me and said that Ellmore told me to "burn the place down"; that is untrue. However he def did tell me to open fire on metro customers because most of them deserve it. Too crazy to make that up.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Voted for Amit, I really hope Ellmore didn't say something that dumb, makes you wonder what else he say. Oh well the election unfortunately will still be 65-35 for Moran.

sectorsight

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Voted for Amit, I really hope Ellmore didn't say something that dumb, makes you wonder what else he say. Oh well the election unfortunately will still be 65-35 for Moran.
Unfortunatly he did, and unfortunatly he won. I went to the polls today and they told me I wasn't registered...I thought I was. BTW I went to the polls open carrying, thought it might be nice to put a "I voted" on the handle of my 1911, that would get the anti's..alas, not this round.