• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

need to find a range to shoot at

Timmer

imported post

im going to be getting my ccw here in a few days. i have never shot my xd yet, so i need some pratice with it. the only problem is the rifle range i go to in spring valley only has 25 yard range, too far i feal to pratice right.

where is there a good indoor range that i could go to and get a feal for this thing? anybody up for a range trip the weekend of the 21st?

Legba

imported post

Well, I only know of a couple of alternatives a bit south of you. There's Target World on Kemper Rd. in the Tri-Couty Mall area north of Cincinnati. It's kind of expensive, as ranges go, but you can rent guns there and set the target distance with movable hangers. There is also supposedly a new mom & pop range that's an extension of the gun shop in New Miami (just outside Hamilton). I don't know the name of the place and it's only been up a few months, but I can look into it. The only other alternatives I know of are private clubs or knowing someone with private land outside the city limits.

As for me, I'm on probation and can't handle guns outside of work for probably a couple of months yet. I'd be glad to go on a range trip then though.

-ljp

J_5

imported post

Where is the range in New Miami? I get kinda sick of Target World, would be intrestied in checking into that. The only other public range I know of is way down Independence, KY called Shooters Supply. Never been there myself, but other have had good things to say about it.

Legba

imported post

I don't know offhand - will look into it. I'm not allowed to go for a couple of months yet. It's run by the people that own the mom & pop gun shop there - you might be able to find a phone listing for them in the meantime.

-ljp

Victoria

imported post

Ya, there's an Ohio Outdoor Sports at:2314 Shepler-Church Ave., S.W. In Canton, Ohio

If you are coming up rt. 30 (east) you'd get off at the Harrison Ave. exit and go rt. and three lights later, the third is Shepler and it's across the street alittle to ur right.

hrs: m-f 9-8 Sat. 9-5 And on... Sunday too! 11-4!

330 456-1041

Hope that helps!

JSK333

imported post

Ohio Patriot wrote:
I've got a 25 meter (and less!) range set up in the side yard. You're more than welcome to come over and use it for free.

Rifles OK too? Am I invited too? :)

I can't find any local rifle ranges to shoot my 7.62x39.

ricks2524

imported post

J_5 wrote:
Where is the range in New Miami? I get kinda sick of Target World, would be intrestied in checking into that. The only other public range I know of is way down Independence, KY called Shooters Supply. Never been there myself, but other have had good things to say about it.
If your coming from Hamilton on 3rd street (127), its located on the right side of 127 just as you enter New Miami. New Miami is a real small burg. Will be easy to find

ricks2524

imported post

ricks2524 wrote:
J_5 wrote:
If your coming from Hamilton on 3rd street (127), its located on the right side of 127 just as you enter New Miami. New Miami is a real small burg. Will be easy to find.Rt 127is the main drag through the middle of town