Thread: Well, it's something of a hollow victory, but...

Post imported post

...I have in my hot little hands the dismissal paperwork. :celebrate

Post imported post

Glad to hear it, grishnav. I've been following your situation closely as I lived in Portland for several years, have family there, and travel there frequently.

I was rather disappointed with the attitude of the PD, but hopefully they can be educated.

Best,
    AR

Banned

Post imported post

sweet

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Can we have a link to the original situation for those of us who want to read a story?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Here you go.

asforme wrote:

Can we have a link to the original situation for those of us who want to read a story?
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum45/9080-1.html

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Do you think they are still after your permit?

Post imported post

Puddin99 wrote:
    Do you think they are still after your permit?
    Well, they haven't been by for a while. :shrug:

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Well, it's good to hear that it was all dismissed. You case could be used by others if they ever find themselves in a similar situation. Since I plan on moving to Portland in the next few months I've been trying to pay attention to how everything turned out for you. I'm glad it all finally ended in a not so bad way.

Post imported post

Please accept my solid congratulations on your hollow victory. That you're still here "in the fold" is the real victory.

Post imported post

Great job on sticking it out. I'm sorry that such an unpleasant situation had to happen in the first place, but I'm sure that everything will work out in the long run.

Post imported post

I had MY day in 'court' today for the same thing. got the dismissal paperwork, and my attny is filing the motion for expungement and getting the ball rolling for the return of my voice recorder today as well.

The whole thing was a colossal waste of time too. I was there a grand total of about five minutes. Ah well...whats done is done.

I'm just waiting for my audio recorder back at this point. I fully intend to have both devices going should I ever have another encounter. That way if they tell me to "stop recording me" when I hold up the video record to notify them, I can 'comply', turn off the video, and still have the back-up of my audio recorder to protect my arse. (hey... the law says I have to notify, not get consent. Just because I turn off the video recorder doesn't mean ALL recording devices are off. Kinda like that cop in the 'don't talk to the police' lecture does during interrogation.)

Post imported post

I know you guys had to lose a lot of money/time dealing with this. Is there anything you can do to recoup the money you had to shellout? Sue? Or just leave things the way they are?

Post imported post

Well... I got my Expungement paperwork this week. As far as the 'system' is concerned, this whole affair never happened. No word about the recorder yet.

Now all I need is the go-ahead from Lonnie to start the process of getting denied a non-resident permit!