• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well, it's something of a hollow victory, but...

American Rattlesnake

imported post

Glad to hear it, grishnav. I've been following your situation closely as I lived in Portland for several years, have family there, and travel there frequently.

I was rather disappointed with the attitude of the PD, but hopefully they can be educated.

Best,
AR

kingmonkey

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, it's good to hear that it was all dismissed. You case could be used by others if they ever find themselves in a similar situation. Since I plan on moving to Portland in the next few months I've been trying to pay attention to how everything turned out for you. I'm glad it all finally ended in a not so bad way.

Recondo

imported post

Great job on sticking it out. I'm sorry that such an unpleasant situation had to happen in the first place, but I'm sure that everything will work out in the long run.

Phssthpok

imported post

I had MY day in 'court' today for the same thing. got the dismissal paperwork, and my attny is filing the motion for expungement and getting the ball rolling for the return of my voice recorder today as well.

The whole thing was a colossal waste of time too. I was there a grand total of about five minutes. Ah well...whats done is done.

I'm just waiting for my audio recorder back at this point. I fully intend to have both devices going should I ever have another encounter. That way if they tell me to "stop recording me" when I hold up the video record to notify them, I can 'comply', turn off the video, and still have the back-up of my audio recorder to protect my arse. (hey... the law says I have to notify, not get consent. Just because I turn off the video recorder doesn't mean ALL recording devices are off. Kinda like that cop in the 'don't talk to the police' lecture does during interrogation.;))

rds801

imported post

I know you guys had to lose a lot of money/time dealing with this. Is there anything you can do to recoup the money you had to shellout? Sue? Or just leave things the way they are?

Phssthpok

imported post

Well... I got my Expungement paperwork this week. As far as the 'system' is concerned, this whole affair never happened. No word about the recorder yet.

Now all I need is the go-ahead from Lonnie to start the process of getting denied a non-resident permit!:cool: