• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC

thering

imported post

Well I have been lurking for a while on this site and UCC and have just gotten around to registering here. I've posted a little on UCC but I thought I'd introduce myself here and tell of my first few OC experiences.
I am awaiting my CFP (should be about 3-4 more weeks now according to my calculations) So in the meantime I've decided to try out OC'ing. The first time was a couple of weeks ago at a gas station. I just went in to buy a soda and left. It was quite eventless but I did catch a couple of young guys eyeing my waistband from a table accross the store. Just nodded at them.
The second time I took my two boys (3 and 1) into Walmart to buy some produce. I had to hold my 1 year old because there were literally no carts left (busy Saturday afternoon). There just happend to be a city LEO car parked just outside the front door. As I entered the store I saw him standing over in front of customer service talking with some employees. I went on with my shopping without anyone noticing and went through checkout right in front of Customer Service because the LEO was still there. As I checked out I noticed that while he was still talking with some employees he did take more than a few glances over at me. After I finished checking out I just walked out normally as though nothing was on my hip. I noticed he did give my one last glance as I walked out the door and went home.
I've OC'ed at Walmart twice since and have had no trouble but a few eye contacts from curious customers. ..
I must say it is revitalizing to exercise my rights....:)

thx997303

imported post

Good stuff, Welcome and hope all of your OC experiences go as well as your first.

What city was it in I wonder?

thx997303

imported post

Ahh, springville, my brother lives in Spanish Fork, Trying to get him in here, he's a little hesitant though.

Outsider

imported post

Good job, good job, good job!!!! Break out the dancing monkeys!!!

:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey

Who doesn't like monkeys?

:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey

Keep it up. We'll have to go shooting sometime down that way. You goto Range Masters or some place else?

thx997303

imported post

No, break out the dancing bananas

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Bananas anyone?

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

I want to go shooting too. There's a spot up here around Lehi, Good backstop.

Seriously shooting trip!

thering

imported post

Yah Range Masters is great.. I also just go up the canyon a couple of miles and there is an outdoor shooting club or further up there is a site just off the road where you can shoot..
:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate

rocknsnow

imported post

I have a memership at Rangemasters. So that means I can take 3 to 4 people with me for "free". So if anyone ever wants to go just let me know.

thx997303

imported post

Wow, so much movement, so many bananas and monkeys. :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate

Sorry, had to see what it would look like.