• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting range (not On Target)

Mike278

imported post

I live in Asheville and don't know where I can go shoot, any place in Asheville, Waynesville, Sylva to go? Don't like indoor at On Target.

Thanks.

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Moss Knob shooting range in Cullowhee. It's a free 150 yard outdoor range in the national forest. Go by Western Carolina University on 107, take a right on cullowhee mountain road at Cullowhee Valley School, bear right on Tilley Creek road, go until you get to the top of the mountain and it's the first dirt road on your left (Goodensville Mine Road). Follow the signs to the shooting range. I think there is a Wildlife Resources Commission shooting range in Waynesville as well but I have never been there and don't know anything about it.

charliehustle10

imported post

Rex's Indor range, East Flat Rock. I-26, to exit 53(Upward road), right at exit, bout a mile down the road on your left. 15-20 mins from downtown A-ville, five mins from hendersonvile. Pistols only at this point in time, sometimes rifles/shotguns but must be at MAXIMUM distance

Colt1991

imported post

I just drove up to the Moss Knob range. It's about 5.6 miles from the Tilley Creek Rd turn off to the top of the mountain. It is about 2.6 miles down he dirt road to the range. The roadis is good shape, but a bit narrow in spots. Could get exciting if you meet a logging truck! The range itself looks pretty nice (a picture is available at http://www.nantahalawilderness.com/moss_knob.html) and I'm anxious to come back to do some shooting. I usually shoot atOn Target, but it doesn't accomodate centerfire rifle,and its a long drive and the cost of gas is cutting into my bullet budget.

autologic

There is a 100yd range off Lake Logan road, the road right after Bethel Grocery. It's a memorial range, it doesn't have a range officer that I know of, I've never seen one there, so if someone else is there hopefully they will respect the hot/cold range calls. Every time I have been there, anyone that has been there is very respectful and safe. It's the only range I ever go to around here. Also, it's free! Bring clothespins, targets, and cardboard, and I recommend warm clothes unless it's really hot out, it is really windy sometimes.

Last edited: