• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GCO to Glynn County Police

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

smash29 wrote:
I've had a membership application for Georgia Carry on the refigeratorfor a month, it's getting sent out today.

We'll be glad to have you. There are over 300,000 firearms license holders in Georgia, and today not even one percent of them are GCO members.

Imagine the voice we would have with all of them?

Half of them?

Even a third?

Imagine . . .

Please tell your friends and family. ;)

rmodel65

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
smash29 wrote:
I've had a membership application for Georgia Carry on the refigeratorfor a month, it's getting sent out today.

We'll be glad to have you. There are over 300,000 firearms license holders in Georgia, and today not even one percent of them are GCO members.

Imagine the voice we would have with all of them?

Half of them?

Even a third?

Imagine . . .

Please tell your friends and family. ;)

where are the next new member packets gonna be sent out? are there gonna be cards to give away? I have the gift of gab from my mother and I'm constantly talking to people, I need some to hand out.

rmodel65

imported post

nothing, id did talk to a girl on the police force the other night and she said that some officers were reprimanded? i asked her was it about denny's etc and she said yes.

so i guess they had a dept wide talk about it, i have had no problem since the letter

devo1123

imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
nothing, id did talk to a girl on the police force the other night and she said that some officers were reprimanded? i asked her was it about denny's etc and she said yes.

so i guess they had a dept wide talk about it, i have had no problem since the letter

In any case the letter to the Sheriff was AWESOME and should've drawn some attention. Maybe GCO should forward this letter to every Sheriff and PD in the country as a pre-emptive SEE WHAT HAPPENS tactic.

I completely agree that officers/deputies that don't know these simple carry laws should be stripped of the badge. What other laws are they misenforcing? How many other unknowing innocent people are victims because the deputy thinks that "they" are the law? It's scary and a waste of valuable tax dollars to have these incompetents "serving and protecting". Bill Maher had an awesome quote:"Last time I checked it said -TO PROTECT AND SERVE- on the side of the crusiers, not -WHAT THE EFF ARE YOU LOOKING AT-. I'm of course in no way generally bashing LEOs with these statements, just the incompetent ones that give everyone a bad impression.