• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I just had an impromtu telephone conversation with Del. John O'Bannon

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

I was cooking dinner (Mexican Lasagna - Yummy!) and the phone rang.

It was a recording from Del. O'Bannon saying that they were about to do a live telephonic town hall meeting and I was invited. Not sure why I was invited, I'm not any more politically active than anyone else.

After 27 minutes, it was my turn. I asked him what his take was on His Excellency, the Governor shooting down the twopro-gun bills that passed the House and Senate. O'Bannon basically repeated what I said about carrying openly in a place that served alcohol. He did say that if you are lawfully carrying and go to a restaurant for lunch, what are you supposed to do with it? , and that you should be allowed to keep it concealed. He then said that I'd need to ask the Governor why he shot the bills down.

caltain

imported post

Good job PS. Ask the tough question. I thought that he only shot down one, though. One for us, shot down, and one for the State's Attorney, signed and carrying the concept of double standard and class society to new heights in VA. Did I miss one?

Cal

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Kaine shot down the cc in bars/restaurants as well as the cc in the glove compartment (as I recall). I was about to ask about the Commonwealth Attorney thing that Timmy the Great signed and when I took a breath, a voice came on and said "you are now in listen only mode" and I was unable to continue with my question.

nova

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Kaine shot down the cc in bars/restaurants as well as the cc in the glove compartment (as I recall). I was about to ask about the Commonwealth Attorney thing that Timmy the Great signed and when I took a breath, a voice came on and said "you are now in listen only mode" and I was unable to continue with my question.
Yes...Kaine vetoed both the CC in restaurants that serve alcohol bill, and the "locked container" (as in, carry in locked glovebox) bill.