Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spokane Meetup in June?

Post imported post

I just got off the ship and will be home until July 2nd. If anybody wants to plan to get together lets do it right here. My schedule is pretty open, how about you guys?

Post imported post

Definitly open to a meet up. I'm good weekends and any week day after 1600. Neither my concealed permit or OC holster have arrived in the mail yet, but it is getting close to 30 days on that permit. If push comes to shove, I will openly carry my pocket knife... oOOOoohhhh.

Post imported post

David.Car wrote:
    Definitly open to a meet up. I'm good weekends and any week day after 1600. Neither my concealed permit or OC holster have arrived in the mail yet, but it is getting close to 30 days on that permit. If push comes to shove, I will openly carry my pocket knife... oOOOoohhhh.
    What do you carry? I may have a holster that I can loan you.

Post imported post

Sig P226. Hopefully won't come to that. I have a concealed holster (arrived quicker than my license ), owb on the way. Haven't oc yet. Been studying up on all my laws and reading everyone elses experiences in preperation

Post imported post

Surfj -

I'll be in Spokane from the 30th through the second, if you get anything together. I'm busy during the day, but have the evening of the first free.

Charles

Post imported post

David.Car wrote:
    Sig P226. Hopefully won't come to that. I have a concealed holster (arrived quicker than my license ), owb on the way. Haven't oc yet. Been studying up on all my laws and reading everyone elses experiences in preperation
    ha. Coincidence? I have a SERPA for the 226. My 225 fits it perfectly, so there you go. I can loan it to you if you like.

Post imported post

I'll be on the return side of a motorcycle trip to Des Moines, IA about then. My schedule's a bit loose but I'll watch the thread and pull in if the timing's right. Spokane has some good members, I'd buy a round of lemonades for the 'lot of ya.

ETA: That'll be about 5 days on the road - I'll sit down wind.

Post imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
    David.Car wrote:
    ha. Coincidence? I have a SERPA for the 226. My 225 fits it perfectly, so there you go. I can loan it to you if you like.
    Serpa is what I have coming If we end up meeting near the end of the month it is no worry, will definitly have my permit and holster by than. Only time Imight need to borrow is if itis sometime in the next week or so.

Post imported post

Bump back to page one for more info and publicity.

Post imported post

David.Car wrote:
    Bump back to page one for more info and publicity.
    Bumpin' your bump :celebrate

I'm a n00b here, but have lurked for a while.

I'd be up for a meet, if we can get it together...

Jim

Post imported post

well that sucks I am out of town for work untill the 3nd of Jul. I have to go to CA. around the bay area.

Post imported post

Semper Paratus wrote:
    well that sucks I am out of town for work untill the 3nd of Jul. I have to go to CA. around the bay area.
    And I have to go to CA, bay area on July 2nd!!!

Jeez. Maybe one day....

Post imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
    Semper Paratus wrote:
    And I have to go to CA, bay area on July 2nd!!!

Jeez. Maybe one day....
    Okay, this is really strange, I'm also heading to CA (Modesto) on the 4th.

Jim

Post imported post

Strange indeed. I'll be in SF.

Post imported post

i'm in town on that weekend I suppose I can just go out to a restaurant or
    somewhere, and just pretend i'm oc'ing (the phantom xd-40, that i haven't bought
    yet)

Post imported post

Okay let us get this thing really rolling and throw out a date. 28th anyone? Week from this upcoming saturday. Problems? Other suggestions?

Post imported post

Sorry all I will be stuck down at Knox until the end of july. Hope all goes well though.

Post imported post

i'd be up for saturday

Post imported post

I'd also be up for this coming Saturday. Now that the weather is getting nice, I could OC up there on the motorcycle.

Post imported post

Alright, one thing I didn't take into account is this weekend is Hoopfest weekend. So any of you that have been there before knows what that means. Super large crowds. So any opinions on where we should gather or if we should shoot (pun not intended) for another date?

Post imported post

David.Car wrote:
    Alright, one thing I didn't take into account is this weekend is Hoopfest weekend. So any of you that have been there before knows what that means. Super large crowds. So any opinions on where we should gather or if we should shoot (pun not intended) for another date?
    Hoopfest shouldn't affect us getting together. We're simply a group of friends that like to see one another and visit over lunch every few months. It just so happens that we are also all fond of carrying our sidearms openly. Is this a little unusual? Yes it is, but that doesn't mean that it should prevent us from doing what we normally do day to day. My vote is to carry on like usual. I'm up for lunch on Saturday.

Post imported post

I can do Saturday too. I haven't been on here much cuz I have so much going on lately, but I can do saturday.

Post imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
    Hoopfest shouldn't affect us getting together. We're simply a group of friends that like to see one another and visit over lunch every few months. It just so happens that we are also all fond of carrying our sidearms openly. Is this a little unusual? Yes it is, but that doesn't mean that it should prevent us from doing what we normally do day to day. My vote is to carry on like usual. I'm up for lunch on Saturday.
    My idea wasn't that we shouldn't carry because of a crowd, just that it might make getting to our destination and parking difficult if it is anywhere near the downtown area.

Lunch saturday sounds like it will work well formultiple people. Any suggestions of locations?

Post imported post

Only have a little more than 1 day left to get this set up for Saturday. Lunch ideas?

Post imported post

Didn't think of it ahead of time, but we could of had an Open Carry booth set up. Lots of people. I don't want to be downer, but downtown is going to be packed. Restaurants will be packed. I tend to stay away from downtown during this event. Besides I have not gotten for a holster for my 45.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast