• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane Meetup in June?

Dave The Welder

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Alright, one thing I didn't take into account is this weekend is Hoopfest weekend. So any of you that have been there before knows what that means. Super large crowds. So any opinions on where we should gather or if we should shoot (pun not intended) for another date?
Hoopfest shouldn't affect us getting together. We're simply a group of friends that like to see one another and visit over lunch every few months. It just so happens that we are also all fond of carrying our sidearms openly. Is this a little unusual? Yes it is, but that doesn't mean that it should prevent us from doing what we normally do day to day. My vote is to carry on like usual. I'm up for lunch on Saturday.

David.Car

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
Hoopfest shouldn't affect us getting together. We're simply a group of friends that like to see one another and visit over lunch every few months. It just so happens that we are also all fond of carrying our sidearms openly. Is this a little unusual? Yes it is, but that doesn't mean that it should prevent us from doing what we normally do day to day. My vote is to carry on like usual. I'm up for lunch on Saturday.
My idea wasn't that we shouldn't carry because of a crowd, just that it might make getting to our destination and parking difficult if it is anywhere near the downtown area.

Lunch saturday sounds like it will work well formultiple people. Any suggestions of locations?

fetch

imported post

Didn't think of it ahead of time, but we could of had an Open Carry booth set up. Lots of people. I don't want to be downer, but downtown is going to be packed. Restaurants will be packed. I tend to stay away from downtown during this event. Besides I have not gotten for a holster for my 45.

SlacK

imported post

so where and when, i'm up for anywhere in town, at any time on saturday.
i'd prefer somewhere south...if you want near downtown, they got that molly's restaurant downtown. They got really big burgers there :)

Dave The Welder

imported post

Okay guys, here's the game plan.

7:30AM: Meet and greet as usual at a coffee shop outside of downtown. Someone who knows Spokane should pick one on Division for those of us coming in from out of town. We can take this time to also do our rounds to all the shops on Division (Axel Raven Co. :celebrate and the Army surplus store).

After that we'll either drive closer to downtown or just walk from the coffee shop into downtown. I'd prefer to be parked on the far side of Riverside Park so that we have to walk through the park to get into downtown. As far as food, we've been to two great places now and both were OC friendly. I don't remember the names of either (Surfj9009 or Fetch, please remind me) although I know where both are.

Lets hear some places for coffee and then for lunch and we'll vote on it by tomorrow.

fetch

imported post

7:30??? OK, The tournament starts at 8:00 am. So people should be there. How about Knights Diner on Market St.? It is a rail car made into a diner. Good food and lots of coffee. From the freeway go north on Fraya St. follow it to Green St. and then to Market St. It is all the same street. Just go north. Go up the hill and under the tracks, Knights Diner is on the left. You can't miss it. Still it might be busy. Don't know there policy on OC.

David.Car

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
Okay guys, here's the game plan.

7:30AM: Meet and greet as usual at a coffee shop outside of downtown. Someone who knows Spokane should pick one on Division for those of us coming in from out of town. We can take this time to also do our rounds to all the shops on Division (Axel Raven Co. :celebrate and the Army surplus store).

After that we'll either drive closer to downtown or just walk from the coffee shop into downtown. I'd prefer to be parked on the far side of Riverside Park so that we have to walk through the park to get into downtown. As far as food, we've been to two great places now and both were OC friendly. I don't remember the names of either (Surfj9009 or Fetch, please remind me) although I know where both are.

Lets hear some places for coffee and then for lunch and we'll vote on it by tomorrow.

I believe there is a Starbucks (I know... Starbucks is evil... But still tastes good) directly across the street to the northfrom Army Surplus on Division.

I know someone suggested Molly's for lunch downtown. Never been there myself, it is about 5 blocks south and 1 block west of Riverpark Square (downtown mall across street from riverfront park).

Going anywhere downtown is definitly going to be interesting. If we do go downtown I would definitly agree with parking on the North side of the river. But the parking lots there are still going to be crowded because they are event parking run off for hoopfest (so $5.00 to park in those lots as well most likely).

Edit: I am definitly a +1 for going to either of the good places people have previously gone too that were pro OC... Good food + service + 2cd amend lovers = Good choice

Dave The Welder

imported post

We've started our meet and greet at the Starbucks across from the Army Surplus store before. We'll plan on that one. It's only 2.5 miles from that Starbucks into downtown. Maybe we should do our shoping, park somewhere out on Division, and walk into downtown. What do you think?

Dave The Welder

imported post

8AM at the Starbucks on Division Street next to the Army Suplus store. We'll figure out everything else from there. If you're planning on meeting us later in the morning, PM me and I'll give you my phone number so that you can find us.

Let's get a head count on how many are showing up. Trainer62 and myself are showing up so that's two.

Dave The Welder

imported post

Also, anybody from the Tri-Cities who wants to head up to Spokane for the morning can ride with me. PM me and I'll arrange a pick up point for tomorrow morning.

Dave The Welder

imported post

I forgot to mention this earlier but be sure to dress professionally tomorrow, ie jeans and a polo shirt or 5.11 gear. Normally we all show up wearing "peace threw superior firepower" t-shirts and go to lunch. However, there will be in large crowds of people tomorrow and there is a chance that we will be contacted by PD. I'll be bringing a camera along to record anything that happens and several of us will be miked just in case. We want to look as professional as possible, as those larger crowds will be watching us if we get stopped. I'll also be bringing a lot of the pamphlets to hand out.

See you all tomorrow at 8!